California Hate Thread

Penner

Re: California Hate Thread

Post by Penner » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:09 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
Penner wrote:
California wrote: It is. The Bay Area is worse now too during certain hours

All I really know of the Bay Area is that rents are fucking high as hell.
Well, the Bay Area has the same feel to me as just before the 2001, and 2008, busts. I think there will be another crash by this August or September.

It was like switch was thrown, and the traffic and rents went down. My commute time was halved. Don't get me wrong, still too much and too high, but much better than before.

So if you can hang onto you job, it will be better. Of course, a lot of people didn't.
A few weeks back I was listening to the Cracked.com podcast and they were talking about Skidrow in LA and how a few years ago, there were tons of people who were living in tents, pop-up shelters (like people using a tarp for a "tent"), and/or just living on the street and that the sheriff department came down and "cleared" that away. I mean they still say things are bad but that they have forced a lot of people to move out to different areas just so it would look nice. That is what I feel like today's current economy is. Things are really bad but people have been forced to spread out so you just can't notice how awful it is.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:21 pm

They've always done that. Skid row just moves a couple blocks. It tends to center around 5th and San Pidro where most of the missions are, right next to the police station.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Don't you trust Cracked.com and their podcast, dude?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:39 pm

I don't listen to lib shit but I have first hand experience regarding that subject. Fuck skid row and fuck California.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Penner got fake newsed again.
:lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:57 pm

Naw. Cracked.com said so.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Fife wrote:Naw. Cracked.com said so.
I love this part,
Penner wrote:That is what I feel like today's current economy is. Things are really bad but people have been forced to spread out so you just can't notice how awful it is.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Fun fact. The firemen work as paramedics around the clock there. It's actually amazing.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:08 pm

Don't worry.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:37 pm

Penner wrote:
A few weeks back I was listening to the Cracked.com podcast and they were talking about Skidrow in LA and how a few years ago, there were tons of people who were living in tents, pop-up shelters (like people using a tarp for a "tent"), and/or just living on the street and that the sheriff department came down and "cleared" that away. I mean they still say things are bad but that they have forced a lot of people to move out to different areas just so it would look nice. That is what I feel like today's current economy is. Things are really bad but people have been forced to spread out so you just can't notice how awful it is.
TheReal_ND wrote:They've always done that. Skid row just moves a couple blocks. It tends to center around 5th and San Pidro where most of the missions are, right next to the police station.
Yeah, there has been some suggestions on doing that in San Francisco because of the various homeless encampments. Some activists, and I think the police too, pointed out that it wouldn't change anything. The encampments would just reappear elsewhere.

The Chronicle printed some stories on it by a reporter. A number of commenters said that she was full of it,me that the homeless should just get a job and then an apartment, even when she pointed out that much if not most of the homeless already have jobs.

The cost of housing through out the Bay Area has been a problem since the 80s. I wonder if some people lack eyeballs.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.