What show are you watching right now?

StCapps

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:52 am

Kath wrote:You either don't want to, or are incapable of, seeing my point.

There is no way that the time between Gendry leaving them to head for Eastwatch and the time of the rescue was doable to rescue them in time. Because, as you pointed out, they had to rest and eat... which only adds time to the already ridiculously short amount of time it took to get Dany to the drama.

I don't need to SEE it to find it believable, but it shouldn't have taken just a day or two for Dany to get there. It's not possible - the raven alone took approximately 2 days on it's leg of the journey, and now Dany has to come back. How long was Gendry running, anyway?
Who said it didn't take a day or two? It easily could have, they didn't wait there for months, but it could have easily been two or more days that they were waiting for reinforcements. Why do you assume it all happened within a few hours? Just because the episode was focused on one location and other storylines were saved for other episodes, that doesn't mean it all took place in 4 hours or some shit.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:55 am

StCapps wrote: Who said it didn't take a day or two? It easily could have, they didn't wait there for months, but it could have easily been a day or two that they were waiting for reinforcements. Why do you assume it all happened within a few hours?
Look over your head - that's the point, right there.

Yes, they were there a day or two, at best.

So, in Capp's world, Gendry ran back from their long walk in a couple of hours, the raven made it in a single day and the dragon booked it back? That seems reasonable to you?
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:58 am

Kath wrote:So, in Capp's world, Gendry ran back from their long walk in a couple of hours, the raven made it in a single day and the dragon booked it back? That seems reasonable to you?
How is that not reasonable? Maybe it took a few days maybe it took almost a week, it's really doesn't matter. You are focusing on the wrong thing, like I said plenty to criticize, not sure why you need to reach on this one. The fact that this is the number one criticism you have of the season, that probably just means you don't have any good criticisms of the show in general, hence why you need to reach to attempt to make your point.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:00 pm

StCapps wrote:
Kath wrote:So, in Capp's world, Gendry ran back from their long walk in a couple of hours, the raven made it in a single day and the dragon booked it back? That seems reasonable to you?
How is that not reasonable? Maybe it took a few days maybe it took almost a week, it's really doesn't matter. You are focusing on the wrong thing, like I said plenty to criticize, not sure why you need to reach on this one.
Well, if in that world, ravens fly 100 MPH and a guy who has never seen snow before runs the 4-minute mile for several miles in a row, sure, totally plausible.

And who made you the judge of what I can and cannot find interesting?
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:02 pm

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote:
How is that not reasonable? Maybe it took a few days maybe it took almost a week, it's really doesn't matter. You are focusing on the wrong thing, like I said plenty to criticize, not sure why you need to reach on this one.
Well, if in that world, ravens fly 100 MPH and a guy who has never seen snow before runs the 4-minute mile for several miles in a row, sure, totally plausible.

And who made you the judge of what I can and cannot find interesting?
I'm just saying that if this is the thing that bugs you more than anything else, all the other shit that bugs you about GoT is likely just as dumb, if not dumber. All your suggestions on how to improve the show will likely just make it worse, if GrumpyCatFace is any indication. He seems to have the same big issues with the show that you do, and he reaches just as much to justify his waning interest in the show. My suggestion would be not to be like GCF when it comes to picking your battles with GoT, but if you want to be his parrot, that's on you.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:04 pm

StCapps wrote: I'm just saying that if this is the thing that bugs you more than anything else, all the other shit that bugs you about GoT is likely just as dumb, if not dumber. All your suggestions on how to improve the show will likely just make it worse, if GrumpyCatFace is any indication.
One throwaway comment about how I didn't like the time travel capabilities of the characters.... you're making a fuss.

Lots to complain about, but like I said, it was very pretty.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote: I'm just saying that if this is the thing that bugs you more than anything else, all the other shit that bugs you about GoT is likely just as dumb, if not dumber. All your suggestions on how to improve the show will likely just make it worse, if GrumpyCatFace is any indication.
One throwaway comment about how I didn't like the time travel capabilities of the characters.... you're making a fuss.

Lots to complain about, but like I said, it was very pretty.
I just don't get people who want more point A to point B travel, that is the worst part of the show, and yet most folks in this thread, their big issue with this season was lack of it, so WTF? It's not just you Kath, it's GCF, it's heydaralon, and others, so what gives? Why so fixated on travel time this season, especially when one of the best parts of this season was the lack superfluous travel time? Makes no sense.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:09 pm

StCapps wrote: I just don't get people who want more point A to point B travel, that is the worst part of the show, and yet most folks in this thread, their big issue with this season was lack of it, so WTF? I don't get it.
Let's say a character (not GOT) has to get to Japan where a wedding is taking place in 15 minutes. He gets there in time for the wedding, even though he was at his apartment in LA when he found out he needed to be in Japan.

I don't want to see him on the plane, but he can't make it from an apartment in LA to a wedding somewhere in Japan in 15 minutes. Hence, time travel, which is not synonymous with wanting to see every second of his 20 hour journey.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:11 pm

Kath wrote:Let's say a character (not GOT) has to get to Japan where a wedding is taking place in 15 minutes. He gets there in time for the wedding, even though he was at his apartment in LA when he found out he needed to be in Japan.

I don't want to see him on the plane, but he can't make it from an apartment in LA to a wedding somewhere in Japan in 15 minutes. Hence, time travel, which is not synonymous with wanting to see every second of his 20 hour journey.
There was no similar moment on GoT this season, you compare apples and oranges. Like I said, could easily take a week, give or take a few days, for Beyond The Wall to play out, and on that timeline, it's not unbelievable, it isn't the most believable timeline in the history of TV writing, but it is far from the worst. If you want to believe it only happened in a day or a few hours, I really have no idea why you came to that conclusion.

Now could they have come up with a better plan to grab a white walker, I'm sure they could have, quite easily, but they got lazy. That is a much more reasonable beef than, there isn't enough time to rescue them after Gendry ran for help.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:16 pm

It's been awhile, Capps. I'd forgotten how much you value your own opinion about what other people should think .
Account abandoned.