What show are you watching right now?

StCapps

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:34 am

Kath wrote:Beyond the Wall: After walking for what seemed like a very long time, they send Gendry, who had never seen snow before, to run back to Eastwatch through wind & snow so they could send a raven to Daenerys at Dragonstone. His lungs have never been exposed to the cold before. He's going to be having to take constant breaks to give himself some time, or he'll collapse.

Now a raven has to fly 2,000 miles to get to Dany.

Even if Dany's dragon flies 100 MPH, she's still got a 20+ hour return run, and can a dragon fly 20 hours non stop? .

Completely unrealistic timelines. Not at all believable. They weren't sitting there a week plus waiting for all the middle-age travel speeds to get through. I don't need to see all 5 days of the travel (who wants that,) but I would expect something to, at a minimum, be plausible when applying best case scenario times to each leg of the journey.
So you don't want to see the travel, but you do. Make up your mind. The problem is the dumb idea in the first place to go capture the white walker and bring it back to Cersei, not how they executed the dumb idea, that execution was fine. The problem was the setup for Beyond the Wall, not the episode itself.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:36 am

StCapps wrote: So you don't want to see the travel, but you do. Make up your mind.
So I see you are still here, not reading posts, just making assumptions about what someone said.

I don't need to see the travel, but the timeline is breathtaking.

Gendry ran nonstop without taking a single break, no need to find food or pee or take a shit - not even to catch his breath.
He gets into Eastwatch and they get a raven off, no questions asked, in literally minutes.
Raven flies at top speed without rest, no need to eat.
Dragon flies at top speed, without rest, no need to eat.

I still think if the above were true, they couldn't have made it in time.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 am

Kath wrote:Gendry ran nonstop without taking a single break, no need to find food or pee or take a shit - not even to catch his breath.
You are assuming that because you didn't see him take a break, that he never did. Weird.
Kath wrote:He gets into Eastwatch and they get a raven off, no questions asked, in literally minutes.
Again you are assuming how long it took Gendry to get back there based on how long you saw him run on camera, which is another weird assumption.
Kath wrote:Raven flies at top speed without rest, no need to eat.
Just because they didn't show this on screen doesn't mean you should assume this never occurred.
Kath wrote:Dragon flies at top speed, without rest, no need to eat.
Dragons got energy to burn, who knows how long it would take them to fly the needed distance. They can probably do it a lot quicker than a raven for instance.
Kath wrote:I still think if the above were true, they couldn't have made it in time.
Your assumption that they couldn't have made it in time is based on a mountain of unproven assumptions. So how can you be so sure about that?
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:41 am

Thanks for making my point for me.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:42 am

Kath wrote:Thanks for making my point for me.
Actually you are making my point for me. You want to see the travel, and if you don't see the travel, then you get upset for no reason and come up with lame excuses to justify being upset about something you shouldn't even be bothered by. Pick your battles better with GoT, it's not hard to come up with legit criticisms, so stick to them and quit reaching.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:44 am

The wife and I have watched parts 1-5 of the 7 part Unabomber series on Netflix. Not bad. Fitzgerald who was the key profiler, said the docu-drama is 80% accurate. I've learned a lot of details.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:47 am

StCapps wrote:
Actually you are making my point for me. You want to see the travel, and if you don't see the travel, then you get upset for no reason and come up with lame excuses to justify being upset about something you shouldn't even be bothered by. Pick your battles better with GoT, it's not hard to come up with legit criticisms, so stick to them and quit reaching.
We should see the time passing in other storylines, not a simple 'cut to next morning and dragon shows up with seconds to spare'. That's network-level writing, worthy of Grays Anatomy, not the flagship show of HBO.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:49 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:We should see the time passing in other storylines, not a simple 'cut to next morning and dragon shows up with seconds to spare'. That's network-level writing, worthy of Grays Anatomy, not the flagship show of HBO.
No they should focus on the storyline that matters, and have less of the other storylines bogging down the episode. Wrong again. All the best episodes of the show don't jump that much from location to location, and focus on one location mainly. See you have no idea what you are talking about, all your suggestions would make the show worse.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:50 am

StCapps wrote:
You either don't want to, or are incapable of, seeing my point.

There is no way that the time between Gendry leaving them to head for Eastwatch and the time of the rescue was doable to rescue them in time. Because, as you pointed out, they had to rest and eat... which only adds time to the already ridiculously short amount of time it took to get Dany to the drama.

I don't need to SEE it to find it believable, but it shouldn't have taken just a day or two for Dany to get there. It's not possible - the raven alone took approximately 2 days on it's leg of the journey, and now Dany has to come back. How long was Gendry running, anyway?
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:51 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: We should see the time passing in other storylines, not a simple 'cut to next morning and dragon shows up with seconds to spare'. That's network-level writing, worthy of Grays Anatomy, not the flagship show of HBO.
Exactly. Totally unrealistic that they got there just in time. Are we supposed to assume they were sitting on the little island for a week?
Account abandoned.