What show are you watching right now?

Ex-California

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by Ex-California » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:12 pm

StCapps wrote:
California wrote:I think Bojack Horseman is funny. Not as funny as F is for Family, but passable for something to watch at work
Bojack is great, I actually prefer it over f is for family, but f is for family is funnier on average, laugh per minute kind of thing. Great mix of light and dark moments, and some solid topical satire, Bojack is where it's at.
I'm only in Season 1, but I can see that already. I've heard it gets more and more "meta" as it goes on.

Will Arnett is great
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:30 pm

California wrote:
StCapps wrote:
California wrote:I think Bojack Horseman is funny. Not as funny as F is for Family, but passable for something to watch at work
Bojack is great, I actually prefer it over f is for family, but f is for family is funnier on average, laugh per minute kind of thing. Great mix of light and dark moments, and some solid topical satire, Bojack is where it's at.
I'm only in Season 1, but I can see that already. I've heard it gets more and more "meta" as it goes on.

Will Arnett is great
The show doesn't really hit it's stride until after the first season, so it only gets better from there. I just finished the fourth season, can't recommend that show highly enough, one of the best shows on tv these days, and there is stiff competition.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:32 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:If it stays the same quality as the pilot, the Deuce is in the same tier as the Wire and the Sopranos. Everyone should be watching this show so it gets a second season. Fuck GoT Walking Dead etc. The Deuce is where good tv starts. David Simon makes Vince Gilligan look like Kurt Sutter. I cannot recommend this show enough.
Don't talk shit about Vince Gilligan, that's unacceptable behaviour, even if it's just to praise David Simon.

The Handmaid's Tale cleaned up at the emmy's, good show, not the best on tv, but that's the emmy's for you, you just knew they were going to shaft Better Call Saul.
Did you watch the show yet you son of a bitch? I want someone on here to discuss it with damnit. Best tv show Ive seen since Sopranos and the wire ended.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:22 pm

heydaralon wrote:Did you watch the show yet you son of a bitch? I want someone on here to discuss it with damnit. Best tv show Ive seen since Sopranos and the wire ended.
Yeah well, where was anyone when I wanted to discuss The Leftovers end run? That's what I thought, none of you fags watched it live during it's last season, and those who did said fuck all about it.

Tell you what, I'm watching The Deuce pilot right now, happy?
*yip*

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:36 am

hell yeah

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:24 am

David Simon strikes again. No one tells stories about a specific neighborhood and the people who live there like this man does, though many have tried, they just can't tell that kind of story with the craft that Simon can, and does on a routine basis, it's fucking remarkable. David Simon and Vince Gilligan, everything they touch turns to gold.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 pm

StCapps wrote:David Simon strikes again. No one tells stories about a specific neighborhood and the people who live there like this man does, though many have tried, they just can't tell that kind of story with the craft that Simon can, and does on a routine basis, it's fucking remarkable. David Simon and Vince Gilligan, everything they touch turns to gold.
I love it. Excited for episode 3!
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:59 pm

heydaralon wrote:
StCapps wrote:David Simon strikes again. No one tells stories about a specific neighborhood and the people who live there like this man does, though many have tried, they just can't tell that kind of story with the craft that Simon can, and does on a routine basis, it's fucking remarkable. David Simon and Vince Gilligan, everything they touch turns to gold.
Michelle MacLaren directed the pilot and the season finale, so they got Breaking Bad voodoo up in the works and they also got The Sopranos voodoo as well with ol' Jackie Aprile Sr. being a mafia boss who gets involved with both James Franco's. All three of the greatest shows of all time exerting their influence on this show, not just The Wire. In some ways, The Deuce is three of my favorite shows, in one package.

Y'all should watch it.
Happy now daralon?
Now, go watch The Leftovers, ffs.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:22 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Michelle MacLaren directed the pilot and the season finale, so they got Breaking Bad voodoo up in the works and they also got The Sopranos voodoo as well with ol' Jackie Aprile Sr. being a mafia boss who gets involved with both James Franco's. All three of the greatest shows of all time exerting their influence on this show, not just The Wire. In some ways, The Deuce is three of my favorite shows, in one package.

Y'all should watch it.
Happy now daralon?
Now, go watch The Leftovers, ffs.

I'm gonna watch it after I fail all these classes at the end of the semester. I saw the first episode awhile back and I had a hard time getting into it, but I'm going to give it another chance based on your recommendation. There was a guy at my work who loved that show and said it keeps getting crazier and crazier.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:26 pm

heydaralon wrote:I saw the first episode awhile back and I had a hard time getting into it, but I'm going to give it another chance based on your recommendation. There was a guy at my work who loved that show and said it keeps getting crazier and crazier.
Yup, and every time it does, it gets better and better, so you learn to roll with and love the random twists because they just pay off so damn well. The show gets lighter as it goes, and as it does, it finds it's sweet spot with the best balance of light and dark moments. Power through the first season, even if you find overly depressing, which I did not, but I've heard that some do, but I'm sure that you have the mental fortitude to stand up to the emotional gut punches that the show delights in making you eat, and when you do then the reward in the end will be very much worth it, I assure you.

The third and final season of the show has thus far been the best thing on television this year, Lindelof learned his lessons from LOST, and absolutely nailed the ending, what a season of television.
*yip*