What show are you watching right now?

StCapps

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:34 pm

To be fair to the Walking Dead, I don't think it's possible to do a show about the zombie apocalypse and have it stay good for very long, there just isn't enough story material. There is a reason the show keeps repeating itself, the problem with the Zombie Apocalypse is there isn't a lot of variety to the lives of the survivors, so it's hard to keep it fresh. The Zombie Apocalypse thing works much better as a movie than a TV show, it also works better as a short story than a novel for the same reason.

Not that better writers couldn't have squeezed more juice out of the Walking Dead lemon, if they made the show into the Zombie Apocalypse fused with LOST or something, I'm just saying, you'd be lucky if even that hypothetical show was great for more than few seasons.
*yip*

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:32 pm

"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Man, I am old enough to remember the old cartoon from the 1990s:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Penner wrote:Man, I am old enough to remember the old cartoon from the 1990s:

Me too.
*yip*

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:15 pm

StCapps wrote:
Penner wrote:Man, I am old enough to remember the old cartoon from the 1990s:

Me too.
Chairface:

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:58 pm

All this talk about Motel 6 and illegals

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:50 pm

If it stays the same quality as the pilot, the Deuce is in the same tier as the Wire and the Sopranos. Everyone should be watching this show so it gets a second season. Fuck GoT Walking Dead etc. The Deuce is where good tv starts. David Simon makes Vince Gilligan look like Kurt Sutter. I cannot recommend this show enough.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:21 am

heydaralon wrote:If it stays the same quality as the pilot, the Deuce is in the same tier as the Wire and the Sopranos. Everyone should be watching this show so it gets a second season. Fuck GoT Walking Dead etc. The Deuce is where good tv starts. David Simon makes Vince Gilligan look like Kurt Sutter. I cannot recommend this show enough.
Don't talk shit about Vince Gilligan, that's unacceptable behaviour, even if it's just to praise David Simon.

The Handmaid's Tale cleaned up at the emmy's, good show, not the best on tv, but that's the emmy's for you, you just knew they were going to shaft Better Call Saul.
*yip*

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:01 am

I think Bojack Horseman is funny. Not as funny as F is for Family, but passable for something to watch at work
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:52 am

California wrote:I think Bojack Horseman is funny. Not as funny as F is for Family, but passable for something to watch at work
Bojack is great, I actually prefer it over f is for family, but f is for family is funnier on average, laugh per minute kind of thing. Great mix of light and dark moments, and some solid topical satire, Bojack is where it's at.
*yip*