What show are you watching right now?

SilverEagle

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:25 am

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Yes, no doubt it will be a miserable slog for most, an entire 6-8 hours of the biggest show in tv history before it disappears forever. What a miserable fate to sit through all of that.

Hey wait! You can just get the summary online afterwards! Whew... what a relief - I nearly had to watch that thing that I've loved for 8 years.
Shows can go on too long, in case you weren't aware, better to go out before you suck ass, then wait until you do. Quality matters and quantity is overrated. TV used to milk shit dry like that, back when there was nothing good on tv, and that was a big reason why there was nothing good on TV. Any good idea that came along would eventually be ruined by having to keep make episodes until people stop watching because they were too dumb to know any better.

So why you are advocating going back to that shitty model is beyond me, most good television shows these days deliberately avoid that fate, for good reason. It's hard to keep unserialized television show going without a slip in quality, and serialized shows have an even shorter shelf life before they slip in quality. There is no serialized TV drama that has gone 15+ seasons and has maintained greatness for it's entire run, so why would you expect GoT to be any different if they stretched out the story the way that you suggest? You think more of something you enjoy is preferable, but that is not always true, especially when it comes to TV. Sometimes less really is more.
The Walking Dead for one. That show should've wrapped it up two seasons ago. It's that same thing over, and over, and over again. Rick's group is settled, a new threat/group appears. Said group tries to take out Rick's group. Rick's group faces horrible odds but finds a way to win. Rick's group is settled in and then the cycle starts over again.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:26 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Yes, no doubt it will be a miserable slog for most, an entire 6-8 hours of the biggest show in tv history before it disappears forever. What a miserable fate to sit through all of that.

Hey wait! You can just get the summary online afterwards! Whew... what a relief - I nearly had to watch that thing that I've loved for 8 years.
Shows can go on too long, in case you weren't aware, better to go out before you suck ass, then wait until you do. Quality matters and quantity is overrated. TV used to milk shit dry like that, back when there was nothing good on tv, and that was a big reason why there was nothing good on TV. Any good idea that came along would eventually be ruined by having to keep make episodes until people stop watching because they were too dumb to know any better.

So why you are advocating going back to that shitty model is beyond me, most good television shows these days deliberately avoid that fate, for good reason. It's hard to keep unserialized television show going without a slip in quality, and serialized shows have an even shorter shelf life before they slip in quality. There is no serialized TV drama that has gone 15+ seasons and has maintained greatness for it's entire run, so why would you expect GoT to be any different if they stretched out the story the way that you suggest? You think more of something you enjoy is preferable, but that is not always true, especially when it comes to TV. Sometimes less really is more.
The Walking Dead for one. That show should've wrapped it up two seasons ago. It's that same thing over, and over, and over again. Rick's group is settled, a new threat/group appears. Said group tries to take out Rick's group. Rick's group faces horrible odds but finds a way to win. Rick's group is settled in and then the cycle starts over again.
Only because the writer decided to just ignore the MAIN PLOT OF THE SHOW and is writing for seasons now, not the overall story. Where'd the zombie virus come from? How's a zombie survive cut in half because of a virus? What's going on in the rest of the world?

No... needs more shooty-stabby.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:19 pm

TWD has gone to sh*t for a number of reasons. Dragging out a story to fit into a season's worth of episodes. This past season was the worst for that. Then there's the repetitive find a home - new bad guys arrive - character gets in-depth focus episode - Character dies - Rick and Co. do stupid shi*t making them look like fools - Rick and Co. go back to badass and win - Find new home - repeat. Meanwhile, all the things viewers would like to know about, like how it all started and what the larger world looks like will never be answered, not even in their crappy spin-offs.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:22 pm

Penner wrote:Did anyone saw the new season of American Horror Story: Cult?
Yes. I can't tell if they're trolling Trump supporters, Hillary supporters, or both. The first season and the Coven were the only 2 good seasons of this show. The rest have been overly gory and awkward. This one appears headed down the gory/awkward path.

I haven't seen season 6, so maybe that one is good too.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:46 pm

It's supposed to be a parody. It's not working well as one at the start, other than a couple of humorous moments. I'll give it another episode before I give up.
:royalty-queen:

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:35 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Penner wrote:Did anyone saw the new season of American Horror Story: Cult?
Yes. I can't tell if they're trolling Trump supporters, Hillary supporters, or both. The first season and the Coven were the only 2 good seasons of this show. The rest have been overly gory and awkward. This one appears headed down the gory/awkward path.

I haven't seen season 6, so maybe that one is good too.
I feel like they were clearly trolling both the Clinton supporters and Trump supporters. As with each season (which is better, which was good), I would say that the first one, Coven, and Freak Show were the truly good ones.

Speaking of Freak Show did you catch the return of Twisty?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:51 pm

Bojack Horseman Season 4 drops tomorrow, fuckin sweet.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:59 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:TWD has gone to sh*t for a number of reasons. Dragging out a story to fit into a season's worth of episodes. This past season was the worst for that. Then there's the repetitive find a home - new bad guys arrive - character gets in-depth focus episode - Character dies - Rick and Co. do stupid shi*t making them look like fools - Rick and Co. go back to badass and win - Find new home - repeat. Meanwhile, all the things viewers would like to know about, like how it all started and what the larger world looks like will never be answered, not even in their crappy spin-offs.

Yep.
I record them and zip through 3 or 4 episodes in a wack. Just want to see its bloody end.
My bigest issue is Rick and crew aren't getting any smarter, they just tougher fighters.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:00 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
StCapps wrote:Shows can go on too long, in case you weren't aware, better to go out before you suck ass, then wait until you do. Quality matters and quantity is overrated. TV used to milk shit dry like that, back when there was nothing good on tv, and that was a big reason why there was nothing good on TV. Any good idea that came along would eventually be ruined by having to keep make episodes until people stop watching because they were too dumb to know any better.

Only because the writer decided to just ignore the MAIN PLOT OF THE SHOW and is writing for seasons now, not the overall story. Where'd the zombie virus come from? How's a zombie survive cut in half because of a virus? What's going on in the rest of the world?

So what are the answers to those questions, I don't mind spoilers
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:12 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:

So what are the answers to those questions, I don't mind spoilers
After 7 years, I realized that they're not going to be answered. Looking forward tot the plot summary on the internet, if it ever happens.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0