What show are you watching right now?

StCapps

Re: What show are you watching right now?

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:10 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:59 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:55 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:52 pm

Without the current police state in place, I think we’d be well into a second revolution by now.

People used to value their rights a lot more.
Meh, you've never had it so good.
What rights have you lost?
1st and 4th amendments, most certainly. Due process and most of property rights are falling away as we speak.
America still has better free speech and property rights than anywhere on earth, by a wide margin

Stop tunnel visioning on America's imperfections and view them in the context of every nations imperfections, and America starts to look a whole lot better than it looks to Grumpy

America Derangement Syndrome is a helluva drug
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:32 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:10 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

1st and 4th amendments, most certainly. Due process and most of property rights are falling away as we speak.
America still has better free speech and property rights than anywhere on earth, by a wide margin

Stop tunnel visioning on America's imperfections and view them in the context of every nations imperfections, and America starts to look a whole lot better than it looks to Grumpy

Still the best house in a shitty neighborhood. But that makes it all the more a shame when the gutters fall off, and the roof leaks.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:36 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:32 am
StCapps wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Still the best house in a shitty neighborhood. But that makes it all the more a shame when the gutters fall off, and the roof leaks.
Only when you lack the proper gratitude for what you do have

If you have the proper gratitude, you don't fixate on the negatives of America, you simply fix what is in your control, and stop letting the federal government not living up to constitutional ideals keep you down

Cincinnatus is in the mirror, not in the white house, not in congress

protip
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:31 pm

I just watched the True Grit remake again. It is one of those rare occasions where the remake is actually better than the original. Unlike the Magnificent Seven remake which I saw a week or so ago. That was just a bit silly and not a touch on the original.
The little girl's character is very good, the bit where she bullies the stable owner into paying her for the lost horses and the ponies then buys back one pony for less than she sold it is really funny.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:30 pm

The Deer Hunter is about to start on TV. Not seen it in years.
I remember liking it the first time around but a lot of people slag it off as unrealistic.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:31 pm

It's so long since I've seen The Deerhunter it's like watching it for the first time. The only bit I really remember is the Russian roulette scene.
It's long though, three hours. They haven't even joined the army yet.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:41 pm

StCapps wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Capps,

what did you think of the latest episode of Better Call Saul? Is that the season finale? I knew lalo wasn't going out that way. They got 1 more season to wrap things up.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:46 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:41 pm
StCapps wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Capps,

what did you think of the latest episode of Better Call Saul? Is that the season finale?
Yes it's the finale, but haven't seen it yet, will probably watch it tomorrow morning after I get off work
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:51 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:46 pm
heydaralon wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Capps,

what did you think of the latest episode of Better Call Saul? Is that the season finale?
Yes it's the finale, but haven't seen it yet, will probably watch it tomorrow morning after I get off work
I should have put Spoiler alert. I didn't spoil anything you weren't anticipating, but my bad. Lmk what you think.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:53 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:51 pm
StCapps wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:46 pm
heydaralon wrote:

Capps,

I should have put Spoiler alert. I didn't spoil anything you weren't anticipating, but my bad. Lmk what you think.
You didn't spoil anything, I never assumed Lalo was out of the picture, just in Mexico, it's not like they've never shown any scene's in Mexico before
*yip*