Best Films of 2016/2017

C-Mag

Re: Best Films of 2016/2017

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:27 am

I saw Wonder Woman.
It was pretty good, visual production was very good. I enjoyed it................. but there was something missing and I can't put my finger on it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:39 am

C-Mag wrote:I saw Wonder Woman.
It was pretty good, visual production was very good. I enjoyed it................. but there was something missing and I can't put my finger on it.
A plot?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Dand

Post by Dand » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:58 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
A plot?
Titties?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:01 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
A plot?
:lol:
Yeah, that was a little weak, there's something else I can't put my finger on.
Maybe Joy.
There was no happiness in Wonder Woman. They tried some comic relief, didn't work, but there was no joy.
Granted the story takes place in one of the worlds most brutal periods, but even before WW is exposed to the greater world. No Joy.

Gal Gadot though, she really fits the look for Wonder Woman.

@Dand :lol: Go Team
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:58 am

Anyone see the Sci flick "Life"? Looks promising but trying to see if its worth watching. Patiently waiting for Blade Runner 2049.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/life_2017
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:07 pm

I saw WW and I liked it. It wasn't a good as Logan but still, it was the best DC film to be release (well, okay that isn't so much why I liked it). It didn't fall apart and at least they did do something totally weird and mystical which adds to why WW is so special. Also, the theme music was pretty great too:

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:37 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:Anyone think Dunkirk will be a good film? It looks like it has potential. But it is a bit funny that its turning that endeavor into a heroic victory.
Trailer looked good. I wanna see.
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Tell em who is missing, DB.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:21 pm

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:Anyone think Dunkirk will be a good film? It looks like it has potential. But it is a bit funny that its turning that endeavor into a heroic victory.
Trailer looked good. I wanna see.
It will be worth watching at least. "Life" was worth watching to if your in the mood for Sci Fi.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:59 am

Anyone else see Dunkirk yet? Watched it in IMAX last night, a pretty damn impressive film. Not sure if it was my theater or not but the audio was very loud, to the point where it sounded distorted and it was a little hard to hear what the characters were saying, but damn when those fighter jets came screeching in it felt appropriate to have the loud audio. The timeline jumped around a little bit and made it tough to follow the story at times, but it was working towards the climax when it all came together. Seriously loved the visuals and sound effects, the cinematography and the soundtrack and all that jazz was great. I have a short attention span so it's tough to watch movies with a linear plot and predictable story beats, the haphazard storytelling in this film really made for an immersive experience rather than a typical movie going experience, imo. I'd have to watch it again to really sink my teeth into it, well worth the price of admission I'd say.

Also not sure what they marketed the movie as, but it felt like a goddamn horror movie to me. It's like they took the intensity of the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan and made it into an entire movie.

I know there are complaints about how the battle is portrayed and the victory of defeat but putting all that shit aside it was awesome