Best Films of 2016/2017

Hwen Hoshino

Re: Best Films of 2016/2017

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon May 22, 2017 10:50 am

heydaralon wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

I liked it. There was a brief homoerotic scene between the robots, but they didn't actual fuck each other in the ass or anything like that. It was a good movie.
But the gel inside of them looked a lot like semen that got sprayed on their faces plenty.
lol there has always been dick references in the Alien films. The Alien's head is shaped like a dick. The artist H R Giger admitted this was intentional. The facehugger looks like a vagina and the androids blood looks like semen etc. Still a great goddamn movie.
So it's good solid faggotry?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: But the gel inside of them looked a lot like semen that got sprayed on their faces plenty.
lol there has always been dick references in the Alien films. The Alien's head is shaped like a dick. The artist H R Giger admitted this was intentional. The facehugger looks like a vagina and the androids blood looks like semen etc. Still a great goddamn movie.
So it's good solid faggotry?

You can watch the movie and judge for yourself. I don't often recommend movies, but this is a solid one dude. As far as homos go, I don't really have a problem if there is a gay character in the movie. Omar from the Wire was gay, and he is one of my favorite characters of all time. In terms of homosexuality on screen, I don't enjoy it in its identity politics rammed down your throat (no pun intended) gay. If the character does cool shit and is incidentally gay, fine with me. But if they want to make it a soapbox where straight white men are evil and its just about gayness, thats where I tune out.
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed May 31, 2017 10:39 pm

Anyone think Dunkirk will be a good film? It looks like it has potential. But it is a bit funny that its turning that endeavor into a heroic victory.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed May 31, 2017 11:08 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:Anyone think Dunkirk will be a good film? It looks like it has potential. But it is a bit funny that its turning that endeavor into a heroic victory.
Well, lot's of people got away.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:38 am

Just an excuse to blow up more nazis.

I wonder if nazi-shooting movies/games will become more or less popular, now that Trump and Merkel are at odds?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:06 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Just an excuse to blow up more nazis.

I wonder if nazi-shooting movies/games will become more or less popular, now that Trump and Merkel are at odds?
Well the new Call of Duty coming out this fall is WWII so...........More popular I guess.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Dand

Post by Dand » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:25 am

WWII is making a comeback.

I went and say Alien: Covenant last week. It was good and more of an Alien movie than Prometheus was but it was still a tease imo. The opening should be important but it ends up being minimized just like the captain's religious background that is foreshadowed and then dismissed. The series still can't figure out a way to have conflict without characters acting like idiots. Nothing was as bad as the end of Prometheus when a character runs in a straight line from a rolling wheel but I expect professional space crews to be a little more prepared and cautious (Wow, look at this giant egg. I wonder what could be inside...)

Despite those gripes it was good. It explains more of the story and wasn't a gay movie.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 am

Hey, they like John Denver on this planet. Let's go there instead. Hell yeah! Wait a second... is our AIbot homosexual? Never mind--we've got a strong woman who can really take a beating in case anything goes wrong. :roll:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:51 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Just an excuse to blow up more nazis.

Like gamers care that much about politics...

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:20 am

Anyone hopes Overdrive is good?

Starring Clint Eastwood son, it seems to have a budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWqAJE-Yshs

It could be a nice double feature with Baby Driver.