Martin Hash Poker Club

Montegriffo

Re: Martin Hash Poker Club

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:34 pm

All the chips to the winner too. I got nothing for 2nd.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:02 am

I enjoyed that, despite having to stay up till 4.30 pm, we should play more often.
Fife was a bit unlucky to go out first with his three queens v GCF's straight. Kath was the river Queen briefly and fought well with a short stack and Grumpy played his big chip lead well. I played too weak.
1hr 22 mins was a nice length of game, though surprising that only 2 of us made it to first break at 55 mins.
Could have used a few more players but 5 was enough to get a decent game.

I look forward to our next home game...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:28 am

Me too. We should do that more often.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:33 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Me too. We should do that more often.
We need to sort out the best time/day to attract the most players.
I'd happily play once a month.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Ditto. You can set up a league, I think, and keep rankings and such.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:12 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Ditto. You can set up a league, I think, and keep rankings and such.
Does that automatically. Your stats are impressive but it does it for each year so back to the start next game.
Doesn't keep the stats for cash games though.

K@th

Post by K@th » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:24 pm

I'd play again, but I need to figure out this style of betting. I've never seen someone over bet so much so frequently. *cough* Grumpy *cough*

Combine that with the shit I was getting dealt and blah...

Nerd and I were in separate rooms to avoid table talking - and he came out of the room after he went all-in and said "WTF with that betting?" Lol...
Account abandoned.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:42 pm

Kath wrote:I'd play again, but I need to figure out this style of betting. I've never seen someone over bet so much so frequently. *cough* Grumpy *cough*

Nerd and I were in separate rooms to avoid table talking - and he came out of the room after he went all-in and said "WTF with that betting?" Lol...
You not into super aggro?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:08 pm

Kath wrote:I'd play again, but I need to figure out this style of betting. I've never seen someone over bet so much so frequently. *cough* Grumpy *cough*

Lol sorry. It's called LAG - Loose Aggressive style. It's pretty common in low-limit online games. I was just hitting the Pot or 1/2 Pot buttons to bet, not really sizing them or anything.

If we were playing in person, I wouldn't be so aggressive. I usually play more of a TAG or Tight Aggressive game. It depends on the crowd. You guys were playing conservatively, so I decided to take table command. Your strategy was sound, it just didn't work out this time. I'm just glad that we all got to play.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:44 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Lol sorry. It's called LAG - Loose Aggressive style. It's pretty common in low-limit online games. I was just hitting the Pot or 1/2 Pot buttons to bet, not really sizing them or anything.

If we were playing in person, I wouldn't be so aggressive. I usually play more of a TAG or Tight Aggressive game. It depends on the crowd. You guys were playing conservatively, so I decided to take table command. Your strategy was sound, it just didn't work out this time. I'm just glad that we all got to play.
Grumpy wasn't really over aggressive, he got it about right IMO.
I was grinding out tight aggressive and let Grumps buy a lot of blinds but took a few medium pots which was working, I think I got to about 10k-15k chips at best but blew it all on KQ v KA when a K hit the flop.
Dr Youth was the most aggressive last time we played. Tournament play would really suit his game.
Fife plays very loose, almost a calling station... more fish than shark.