Literal Odds and Ends

TheReal_ND

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:33 pm

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:58 pm

Xenophon wrote:I'm still irritated at that guy. I feel like there hasn't been any resolution. If we had fought, whether I won or not, at least there would've been a decisive outcome. I guess I'm looking for closure?
I still relive old confrontations when I'm lying in bed sometimes.

Your story reminded me of a time that I was driving over to my dads house. He lived in a gigantic Floridian development, complete with golf course and unnecessarily winding roads.

This SUV was doing about 10moh, so I went around him at a decent clip and went to dads house, never thinking about it. When I got out of the car, this fat 50 year old was yelling in my face 'what the hell are you doing' etc.

I had my shades on, and a cigarette, so I just stood there and stared his red face down for a few minutes until he stormed back to his car.

Now, when I think about it, I could have asked him what the hell he was doing in my dads driveway, when I made a perfectly legal pass on the left under 30 mph in a residential zone.

Or just stabbed him in the face with my cigarette.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:05 pm

What kind of Floridian are you? Fucking embarrassment. SYG.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:07 pm

You didn't even throw a gator at him?

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:27 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Xenophon wrote:I'm still irritated at that guy. I feel like there hasn't been any resolution. If we had fought, whether I won or not, at least there would've been a decisive outcome. I guess I'm looking for closure?

Your story reminded me of a time that I was driving over to my dads house. He lived in a gigantic Floridian development, complete with golf course and unnecessarily winding roads.

This SUV was doing about 10moh, so I went around him at a decent clip and went to dads house, never thinking about it. When I got out of the car, this fat 50 year old was yelling in my face 'what the hell are you doing' etc.

I had my shades on, and a cigarette, so I just stood there and stared his red face down for a few minutes until he stormed back to his car.

Now, when I think about it, I could have asked him what the hell he was doing in my dads driveway, when I made a perfectly legal pass on the left under 30 mph in a residential zone.

Same here. I've been replaying it in my mind, wondering what I even told the guy. My body had defaulted to fight or flight, so all I remember is my heart pounding, preparing in advance a physical counterattack while telling him off so I wouldn't back down from his threats. I didn't even know this guy, so it made that feeling more visceral than it is if I get into an altercation with someone who is familiar with me.

It's funny the things you forget after the fact. Any fight I've been in is always a blur in retrospect.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:28 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:You didn't even throw a gator at him?

True Floridians reserve that only for when the girl in the Taco Bell drive-through cops an attitude.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:33 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

True Floridians reserve that only for when the girl in the Taco Bell drive-through cops an attitude.
What do you mean you're out of meat? *snap*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

What do you mean you're out of meat? *snap*

Oh, you thought I was joking?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... to-wendys/

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:58 pm

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Xenophon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Same here. I've been replaying it in my mind, wondering what I even told the guy. My body had defaulted to fight or flight, so all I remember is my heart pounding, preparing in advance a physical counterattack while telling him off so I wouldn't back down from his threats. I didn't even know this guy, so it made that feeling more visceral than it is if I get into an altercation with someone who is familiar with me.

It's funny the things you forget after the fact. Any fight I've been in is always a blur in retrospect.
I don't recall much of anything from my first big fistfight, other than a very sweet smacking sound when I hammer-fisted the guy's jaw. Somehow, I had thrown myself forward, swinging too far, and he got into an angle behind my arm. I wheeled it back and broke his face with a backhand.

Other than that, I just remember snapping back to calm when a teacher touched me, and walking to the principal's office.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0