Car Talk

MilSpecs

Re: Car Talk

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:I wouldn't get another small SUV. If it's only got five seats, get a car. If you want to off road, go full sized. Mid sized SUVs are oversized, overpriced cars.
I want a crossover because of where I drive. It's not very safe so people tend to drive larger more visible cars but I don't want or need a large SUV. High enough to be seen but not huge.
:royalty-queen:

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:28 pm

:lol:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:33 pm

de officiis wrote:;)

I sat down in a new Continental two days ago. Maaaan. Gimme two more years to graduate, and I'm getting one.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:37 am

Okeefenokee wrote:I wouldn't get another small SUV. If it's only got five seats, get a car. If you want to off road, go full sized. Mid sized SUVs are oversized, overpriced cars.
I agree with you for the most part, but if you have to carry larger stuff for hobbies (i.e., like surfboards for me) the small/medium crossover is the way to go.

Too bad there aren't more wagons.

But I also think on the next round for me I'm going to stop trying to get one car that can do it all. I'm going to buy a nice full size pickup for around town and driving the family around, and just buy a real piece of shit commuter car to destroy on the 405 everyday after my Forester gives up the ghost

I bought my Forester on 12/3/15 and I have 35k miles on it
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:57 am

MilSpecs wrote:
I want a crossover because of where I drive. It's not very safe so people tend to drive larger more visible cars but I don't want or need a large SUV. High enough to be seen but not huge.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:

That thing is so ugly. Don't get that.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:02 pm

de officiis wrote:

:lol:
This is a really cool video I've tried to watch half a dozen times on my phone. For whatever reason it refuses to play through. But I get the gist of it. Builds like this are really cool.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:56 pm

California wrote:My favorite car I ever owned was my 91 5.0 Mustang. I had faster cars, like my 01 Z28, and cooler cars like my 67 Pontiac Tempest, but for some reason the 5.0 was the funnest.

My friend in high school had one of these with a tubrocharged engine. The engine was always giving him trouble, but when it worked he really enjoyed it.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:17 pm

de officiis wrote:My friend in high school had one of these with a tubrocharged engine. The engine was always giving him trouble, but when it worked he really enjoyed it.
Would that have been the SVO, or did they turbocharge a 5.0?

I almost bought a Thunderbird Turbocoupe, which used the same 2.4l turbo as the SVO, but thankfully decided against it.

Nothing but issues, turbo's had oil leaks and gasket issues, any one over 8 years old was going to have issues.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:21 pm

2.3 four cylinder. The weak part was the turbine.