Car Talk

Ex-California

Re: Car Talk

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:Congrats on the new car.

I need to replace the old Hyundai veracruz mommobile and am trying to decide between the Hyundai Tucson and Honda crv. The price for either one with the options I want is almost the same as the price for the compact BMW crossover base model. Is a base model BMW really worth It? My goals are comfort, safety and decent gas mileage. I basically like to feel like I'm in my living room while I'm driving. Also, is service on a BMW hugely expensive?
I'd go with the optioned out Honda over a base BMW.
+10000

Do you want to have constant maintenance after 100k miles or a car that lasts for 250k with oil changes and new tires?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:42 pm

CRV's are dogs. I wouldn't put my family in one and try to get it on down the highway. Test drive it. You will see. Unless the new ones got better. The older ones were sackless. I would sooner get a murano with the vq35de motor. Basically the same one in the 350z and Maxima. It's been rated one of the top ten motors in the world over ten times.

Also service on a BMW is pretty ridiculous after it's out of warranty.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:10 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:CRV's are dogs. I wouldn't put my family in one and try to get it on down the highway. Test drive it. You will see. Unless the new ones got better. The older ones were sackless. I would sooner get a murano with the vq35de motor. Basically the same one in the 350z and Maxima. It's been rated one of the top ten motors in the world over ten times.

Go for a Pilot. That's what we almost got. My wife rolled one down a mountain in Honduras years ago. Everyone walked away from it. She swears by 'em.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:33 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:CRV's are dogs. I wouldn't put my family in one and try to get it on down the highway. Test drive it. You will see. Unless the new ones got better. The older ones were sackless. I would sooner get a murano with the vq35de motor. Basically the same one in the 350z and Maxima. It's been rated one of the top ten motors in the world over ten times.

My coworker has a 2016 CRV. Not gutless at all
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:39 pm

I might be thinking of the pilot.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:59 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I might be thinking of the pilot.
The base was sluggish, but the Touring was real nice. Too much money for right now.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:06 pm

I thought the Pilot was a big car? I'm looking for a small SUV.

I'll stay away from the BMW if there are no advantages. I keep cars forever so maintenance would be an issue. Thanks for the info.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:13 pm

MilSpecs wrote:I thought the Pilot was a big car? I'm looking for a small SUV.

I'll stay away from the BMW if there are no advantages. I keep cars forever so maintenance would be an issue. Thanks for the info.
Yeah, the Pilot is an eight passenger SUV.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:16 pm

I wouldn't get another small SUV. If it's only got five seats, get a car. If you want to off road, go full sized. Mid sized SUVs are oversized, overpriced cars.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:19 pm

;)