Car Talk

Ex-California

Re: Car Talk

Post by Ex-California » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:48 am

adwinistrator wrote:What do you drive? What do you like/dislike about it?

What's your favorite car you've ever owned?

What's the most enjoyable car you've ever been in, or drove?

What's your financially realistic dream car?

What's you dream car, if money were of no concern?

What's your funniest car story? Amateur mechanic mishaps? Road trip hijinks?

Post some pictures, have a flame war.
I drive a Subaru Forester. I love the AWD, the decentish MPG, and its interior space. I hate that it is a sensible dad/lesbian car

My favorite car I ever owned was my 91 5.0 Mustang. I had faster cars, like my 01 Z28, and cooler cars like my 67 Pontiac Tempest, but for some reason the 5.0 was the funnest.

The most enjoyable car I've ever been in is a toss up between a friends 02 Z06, 03 GTO, and 04 STi. The Z06 and GTO were highly modified, the STi was stock

My financially realistic dream car is either a new STi or a Tundra TRD Pro

My real dream car is either a 64 GTO or a 68 Roadrunner or a 70 Trans Am

Best story? Well, my friend and I drove his 4Runner around the country for a whole month, there are tons of stories from that. The other one was getting into a race that we started between my friends AutoX Bug and a Civic and we ended up spinning out and looking like dickbags. THere's so many more from my former life as a car guy
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:15 am

California wrote:I drive a Subaru Forester. I love the AWD, the decentish MPG, and its interior space. I hate that it is a sensible dad/lesbian car

My favorite car I ever owned was my 91 5.0 Mustang. I had faster cars, like my 01 Z28, and cooler cars like my 67 Pontiac Tempest, but for some reason the 5.0 was the funnest.

The most enjoyable car I've ever been in is a toss up between a friends 02 Z06, 03 GTO, and 04 STi. The Z06 and GTO were highly modified, the STi was stock

My financially realistic dream car is either a new STi or a Tundra TRD Pro

My real dream car is either a 64 GTO or a 68 Roadrunner or a 70 Trans Am

Best story? Well, my friend and I drove his 4Runner around the country for a whole month, there are tons of stories from that. The other one was getting into a race that we started between my friends AutoX Bug and a Civic and we ended up spinning out and looking like dickbags. THere's so many more from my former life as a car guy
Awesome! Love the Subaru's, and the Mustang. I feel the same way about my Nissan 240sx as you do about your Mustang. I've driven a 2000 corvette (non Z06) and that was a blast.

If you, or anyone else at the forums, is looking to buy a brand new Subaru, let me know and I can get you $500 off.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:06 am

Funnest car.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:49 am

Congrats on the new car.

I need to replace the old Hyundai veracruz mommobile and am trying to decide between the Hyundai Tucson and Honda crv. The price for either one with the options I want is almost the same as the price for the compact BMW crossover base model. Is a base model BMW really worth It? My goals are comfort, safety and decent gas mileage. I basically like to feel like I'm in my living room while I'm driving. Also, is service on a BMW hugely expensive?
:royalty-queen:

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:52 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Funnest car.

Reminds me of my first car, a Mazda 323.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:57 am

I want another. I ripped the muffler off, and it sounded like a hot rod. I used to tear through the woods on the tractor roads in Germany.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Funnest car.

Alright, now I can't get it out of my head. Anyone else got any ideas on a replacement car? That Mazda adwin posted looks about right, but I've seen other cars around that remind me of it. I know there's a VW that looks like it that was sold stateside. Maybe the cabriolet?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:45 pm

MilSpecs wrote:Congrats on the new car.

I need to replace the old Hyundai veracruz mommobile and am trying to decide between the Hyundai Tucson and Honda crv. The price for either one with the options I want is almost the same as the price for the compact BMW crossover base model. Is a base model BMW really worth It? My goals are comfort, safety and decent gas mileage. I basically like to feel like I'm in my living room while I'm driving. Also, is service on a BMW hugely expensive?
I'd go with the optioned out Honda over a base BMW.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:51 pm

What about a '92 Golf GTI?

Any good?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Transmission problems iirc. I would stay away from whatever year range it is where VW's were infested with electrical grimlins too. I think early aughts maybe.