The New Money Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The New Money Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:32 am

They had a really good station for a while called Faction, that was playing 90s rap and punk.

Chill is still good sometimes, but they do way too much House beat music.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:57 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:If you use SiriusXM in your car, just call them up and say you want to cancel every once in a while. I turned down their first 2 offers, and got "the best price" - better package for half what I was paying before.
SiriusXM is doing a promotion where you get 60 days free, no strings, no autorenewal, no credit card on file. We just called them and they turned it on. I'm assuming this is a promotion for former subscribers. The car came with it and we never bothered to renew.
:royalty-queen:

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Kazmyr wrote:
Penner wrote:
Does your subscription include Stern or just music?
Mine had Stern, Sports, all the news channels, plus music - didn't really need all those cause I switched between maybe 6 stations? (Stern was not one of them)

Generally loved having satellite radio, regular radio sucks copious amounts of turds by comparison. Although, when Liquid Metal did the 'Mandatory Metallica' for 2 weeks straight, I got sick of that shit pretty quick.
Yeah, I only now have the music and sports. I don't listen to anything else (but my brother-in-law does listen to Stern like every day) and that is all I subscribed to. I am currently thinking of downgrading my subscription to just the music but I haven't made a decision yet.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:16 pm

pandora is free. who pays for music?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:28 pm

I like Pandora or spotify for the office and SiriusXM for the car, but not enough to pay for it.
:royalty-queen:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Pandora has gotten way worse with their commercials though. There used to be a way to get a hacked pandora app on android phones but I don't know if it works anymore and wouldn't know where to find it.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:06 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Pandora has gotten way worse with their commercials though. There used to be a way to get a hacked pandora app on android phones but I don't know if it works anymore and wouldn't know where to find it.
We grew up watching tv on rabbit ears with tons of commercials. Pandora is light on commercials.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Yhey got worse. It used to be once every half hour now it's every quarter seems like.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:17 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Yhey got worse. It used to be once every half hour now it's every quarter seems like.
A fifteen second ad every twenty minutes. Dude, there used to be entire hours of the morning commute when the only thing to listen to was shock jocks playing canned skits.

I drive to work listening to music or podcasts. I grew up staying up until eleven to listen to adam carolla.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:19 pm

I don't understand why you are so eager to listen to commercials. Or do you find it unethical to get a hacked pandora app?