The New Money Thread

LVH2

The New Money Thread

Post by LVH2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:46 am

An easy one. Especially for those of you who be tight on money. I'm looking at you, Nuke and The Conservative.

Open a checking account.

Use the debit card 4 times.

Get $200.

If you have spouse, double dip.

As far as I can tell, The Conservative could run Peter through this thing.

https://www.capitalone.com/bank/checking-season-16/

TheReal_ND

Re: The New Money Thread

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:49 am

Jewish tricks I suspect...

Will look into.

LVH2

Post by LVH2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:15 am

It's a chance to beat them at their own game!

This is a pretty well known angle to pick up extra cash, like gaming credit cards.

http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/bank-promotions/

It just so happens, that this particular promotion has very easily met requirements. You don't need to have a bunch of direct deposits and so forth, which you usually do.

Just don't fuck up and forget to do the requirements, or overdraw your account or forget about it, blah, blah, blah and you'll be fine.

Obviously, when you are done with the account, CLOSE it, just don't spend the last money and leave it there.

They're hoping you will do one of those things, or even become a long term customer.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:09 am

I love "The New Money Thread."

p.s. I always read the DCF one.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:11 am

Navy Federal has a promo every so often where new accounts opened generate fifty bucks for both the new member, and the person who referred them. I told my soldiers about it once years ago, and one of them opened an account and we both got fifty bucks.

Last year, my wife got all of her sisters to open accounts when they were doing it and we got paid bigly. She has a lot of sisters. We opened accounts for all of the kids, got a mess of them too, and got even more free dough.

There's no sheisty Capital One conditions either. Open an account, you both get paid. Gotta be military, or military family, though.

Maybe next time they do it, all you guys say you're my brothers and sisters, and we all get paid.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:12 am

And I thought the new money thread was gonna be about people who didn't have money that got money. Like, more than two hundred bucks.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:14 am

Well if anyone has a trashed credit score like me you can get a credit line at Khol's for two hundred. It's actually doing more for my credit than the truck payments I used to make and you get some ok deals sometimes with the credit card. I don't really buy clothes but whatever.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:17 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Well if anyone has a trashed credit score like me you can get a credit line at Khol's for two hundred. It's actually doing more for my credit than the truck payments I used to make and you get some ok deals sometimes with the credit card. I don't really buy clothes but whatever.

How is it doing better for your credit than an auto loan? Because the auto loan is secured and the Khol's card is not?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:20 am

Nah it's not. Exaggerated a bit but I got dinged for a late payment once so they are actually closer to parity than you would think. Would have to compare them again but I hate checking it.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:15 am

We've been getting these posts lately about how bad things are. People talking about America being this graveyard of dreams. That's not been my experience.

I grew up with what most here would consider the American version of poverty, and even though it took me a long time to gain the cognizance to recognize it, once I went to Iraq, that idea was over. We didn't have a car, or a phone, and there were times my dad heated water on a wood stove so we could have warm baths, but being able to contrast that against what I saw in Iraq left no doubt that I had it alright.

I've said it before, my wife grew up on mud floors with no running water. When the white people would come through with "medicine," everyone would line up, with no idea about what they were being injected with.

Very often, when we're sitting together, I'll look up and around our house, and then at her, and say something to the effect of, "can you believe this?"