Is Bodybuilding a Sport?

TheReal_ND

Re: Is Bodybuilding a Sport?

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:51 pm

StCapps wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:You haven't even proven me wrong on any of them. You just keep straw manning and moving the goal posts.
Your analogies are strawmen of my opinion on this matter. Hypocrisy alert.

Also DSL is moving the goalposts, not I. I have remained consistent, your side argues in bad faith, spouting nonsense about Pokemon GO and Chess being a sport, because y'all can't understand a very simple definition.
It meets all three components. Physical exertion, entertainment for spectators and clear winniners and losers.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:56 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:It meets all three components. Physical exertion, entertainment for spectators and clear winniners and losers.
Pokemon GO and Chess only meet two of three requirements, competition and entertainment. You disingenuously pretend these activities involve physical exertion of any meaningful distinction to try and fit the square peg in the round hole. You never even have to get off your ass and you can play both chess and pokemon go, don't be a twat.
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:06 pm

Moving the goal posts. All things require the physical exertion of something in order to happen.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:09 pm

Is the Big Bang a sport?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:09 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Moving the goal posts. All things require the physical exertion of something in order to happen.
Distinction without meaning fallacy. This is drtrech level obtuseness bro, get it together. If everything requires physical exertion than a definition need not specifically mention it, as it would just be implied, to specifically mention it is to add increased emphasis on it. Therefore every single activity does not meet the physical exertion threshold of being a sport as you would suggest disingeniously.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Fife wrote:Is the Big Bang a sport?
What about photosynthesis? Plenty of competition in nature between plants seeking sunlight with no physical effort. Although, that falls into the to the death category, so probably isn't a sport.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm not being obtuse or insulting. I want to know what your specific definition of "exertion" is. According to your definition of what sports are all the things I listed actually coexist equally in the same sphere as body building.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:19 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I'm not being obtuse or insulting. I want to know what your specific definition of "exertion" is. According to your definition of what sports are all the things I listed actually coexist equally in the same sphere as body building.
If even the smallest possible amount of physical exertion actually counted as the "physical exertion" referred to in the definition than there would be no need to even mention it in the definition, it would be implied since any action would involve at least that amount of physical exertion. The definition emphasizes physical exertion for a reason. The mere fact that the definition mentions physical exertion means that it clearly involves more than simply moving chess pieces on game board to meet that threshold, use your common sense and quit being silly.
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:35 pm

I don't know. If you say so. I still say a beauty pageant is a sport.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:46 pm

Would you give a guy a foot massage?