The Great Movie Thread

C-Mag

Re: The Great Movie Thread

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:58 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
They're teetering on the edge of garbage. Rogue One was amazing of course, but episode VIII had better be a lot more coherent. JJ Abrams has a unique talent for fucking up sci fi franchises.
Maybe because Lucas actually wasn't that creative and he stole the basis of the movies and much of the visual designs from the French 60s comic Valerian and Laureline. Lucas is still waiting for the French to write a prequel to their story so he can fix Jar Jar Binks and Metachlorines. :lol:

check out the pic similarities :shock:
http://www.europecomics.com/a-model-for-star-wars/
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Wow
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:29 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Wow
Yeah, pretty shocking.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:46 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
They're teetering on the edge of garbage. Rogue One was amazing of course, but episode VIII had better be a lot more coherent. JJ Abrams has a unique talent for fucking up sci fi franchises.
Maybe because Lucas actually wasn't that creative and he stole the basis of the movies and much of the visual designs from the French 60s comic Valerian and Laureline. Lucas is still waiting for the French to write a prequel to their story so he can fix Jar Jar Binks and Metachlorines. :lol:

when I was in middle school I remember hearing that Lucas actually stole the idea of Star Wars from a book. Maybe this is what they were actually talking about?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:11 pm

It's just a space cowboy revenge story. The bad guys killed Luke's family so luke killed the bad guys. It's a John Wayne western with light sabres.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Montegriffo wrote:It's just a space cowboy revenge story. The bad guys killed Luke's family so luke killed the bad guys. It's a John Wayne western with light sabres.

I mean Lucas did pull it from Cambell's book:

Although, I have heard that back in the day (when he was filming the Original Trilogy) that he had more experienced (and possibly more talented) people helping him with the behind the scenes stuff. Also, I do think that there was at least one other guy that did write the script for Empire.

By the time the Prequels came out people were shocked to see that they were such shit fest of movies.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:16 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Holy shit. Thats like the final nail in the coffin and is irrefutable proof that star wars, including the old ones everyone fawns over, were and always will be pure dog shit. Star Wars sucks so bad.
Shikata ga nai

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:29 pm

heydaralon wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Holy shit. Thats like the final nail in the coffin and is irrefutable proof that star wars, including the old ones everyone fawns over, were and always will be pure dog shit. Star Wars sucks so bad.
It does post Disney. I think it was always fairly good outside of the prequels if you played the games and read the books and comics.

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:54 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

It does post Disney. I think it was always fairly good outside of the prequels if you played the games and read the books and comics.

I played some of the games and I would say that before Old Knights it was mostly a hit or miss with a lot of misses.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Penner wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

I played some of the games and I would say that before Old Knights it was mostly a hit or miss with a lot of misses.
Tie Fighter is still one of the best space games ever.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0