The Great Movie Thread

C-Mag

Re: The Great Movie Thread

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:39 pm

I didn't know that, the only thing I can name he did other than Luke, was his role in Corvette Summer and he scarred his face in that one. Lucas had to write the entire abominable snow man scene to explain the scar.

It's got to be a little bittersweet. You've got one role in life seemingly, the main star in the biggest series of films ever made, but you can't get another role. Double edged sword.

It sounded like to me in the above video he's pretty displeased with the new films
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:05 pm

C-Mag wrote:I didn't know that, the only thing I can name he did other than Luke, was his role in Corvette Summer and he scarred his face in that one. Lucas had to write the entire abominable snow man scene to explain the scar.

It's got to be a little bittersweet. You've got one role in life seemingly, the main star in the biggest series of films ever made, but you can't get another role. Double edged sword.

It sounded like to me in the above video he's pretty displeased with the new films
They're teetering on the edge of garbage. Rogue One was amazing of course, but episode VIII had better be a lot more coherent. JJ Abrams has a unique talent for fucking up sci fi franchises.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:42 pm

I have to agree with Hamill, it would have been awesome if Luke stepped in at the forest battle.

What I hated about it most is how overly powerful Rae is for a jedi having never been trained.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:41 am

C-Mag wrote:I have to agree with Hamill, it would have been awesome if Luke stepped in at the forest battle.

What I hated about it most is how overly powerful Rae is for a jedi having never been trained.
Totally. Luke was never that powerful at the beginning and he actually had some training.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:55 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:I didn't know that, the only thing I can name he did other than Luke, was his role in Corvette Summer and he scarred his face in that one. Lucas had to write the entire abominable snow man scene to explain the scar.

They're teetering on the edge of garbage. Rogue One was amazing of course, but episode VIII had better be a lot more coherent. JJ Abrams has a unique talent for fucking up sci fi franchises.
Rogue One reshoots left Donnie Yean and asian partner without motivation, The entire thing should had been like the second part of the movie.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 am

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Mark Hamil doesn't seem to be thrilled with the new SW films, Pretty Funny
:lol: He was drunk as shit
Wouldn't you be drunk if you've been an actor for 40 years and there's really only one role for you? Talk about being type cast.
Maybe if he had learned to act he would have been offered more roles.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:08 am

Montegriffo wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Wouldn't you be drunk if you've been an actor for 40 years and there's really only one role for you? Talk about being type cast.
Maybe if he had learned to act he would have been offered more roles.
I say he is way better than what he was. I don't know if he is a better actor but he has way more gravitas on screen now in his old age.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:31 am

?

Mark Hamill has had a very successful voice acting career post-Star Wars, including voicing the best Joker

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:59 am

He's one of the main characters from the most iconic movie franchise of all time. He won at life
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:03 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
He's had a good long run as the voice of the Joker in the Batman cartoons and games.