The Octagon

Haumana

Re: The Octagon

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:43 am

Holy shit was that a crazy that three matchups. TJ looked good and Lineker looked confused and outclassed.

Cody was super impressive with his speed and patience. I don't think Dominic could beat him in a rematch. Cody ate Dom's hardest shot like a tic tac. I think that is why he didn't dive on him for the finish. He knew he couldn't be hurt. Cody became a superstar tonight with that performance. He didn't just win, he made it seem like Cruz had no business being in there with him. McGreggor like performance, now can he parlay that into some big cheese of his own?

TJ v Cody will be a great matchup. I don't think TJ will be tossing Cody around like he did with Lineker.

Then there is Rhonda, the first punch to the face and all speculation about her mental state became perfectly clear. She wanted out and was scared. Nunes landed, at least, 3 four punch combinations that were all on the button. Devastating. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhonda takes her money just disappears from public view completely.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:37 am

I only saw internet clips, but it looked like after getting her face beat in she just laid down?

Take the money and run Rhonda
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:28 am

California wrote:I only saw internet clips, but it looked like after getting her face beat in she just laid down?

Take the money and run Rhonda
She ate 27 punches to the head in 48 seconds, many of which were in bunches of 4. The only reason she didn't fall down was because she was holding on to the fence when the ref mercifully stepped in to stop the route.

She will probably gross 10+ mill after all is said and done. Run indeed.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:30 am

She could start a fight club in a major city, with training classes, and make bank.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:29 am

Haumana wrote:Holy shit was that a crazy that three matchups. TJ looked good and Lineker looked confused and outclassed.
TJ v Cody will be a great matchup. I don't think TJ will be tossing Cody around like he did with Lineker.
Lineker's chin is insane and his power is absolutely freakish. Some real well timed takedowns on TJs part, but yeah Garbrandt stuffed Cruz's takedowns so you can damn well bet he's got better takedown defense than Lineker and I have to favor Garbrandt to get his revenge on Dillashaw for ditching Team Alpha Male.
Haumana wrote:Cody was super impressive with his speed and patience. I don't think Dominic could beat him in a rematch. Cody ate Dom's hardest shot like a tic tac. I think that is why he didn't dive on him for the finish. He knew he couldn't be hurt. Cody became a superstar tonight with that performance. He didn't just win, he made it seem like Cruz had no business being in there with him. McGreggor like performance, now can he parlay that into some big cheese of his own?
Garbrandt took a massive leap forward in this fight. I had no idea his head movement and takedown defense were that good, and I definitely underestimated his timing and accuracy. To be fair though a lot of people were sleeping on this kid, and because so many people misread the match up so badly it created the best MMA live betting opportunity of the year. I don't see anyone taking that belt off Garbrandt for a while.

That's Cruz's first loss in a decade and it's starting to look like all that wear and tear on his body is starting to slow him down, not that Garbrandt couldn't have beat Cruz convincingly if he was in Cruz at his athletic peak, just saying. All those knee surgeries are catching up to him, he couldn't off father time forever. I think TJ beats Cruz in a rematch at this point.
Haumana wrote:Then there is Rhonda, the first punch to the face and all speculation about her mental state became perfectly clear. She wanted out and was scared. Nunes landed, at least, 3 four punch combinations that were all on the button. Devastating. I wouldn't be surprised if Rhonda takes her money just disappears from public view completely.
Edmond Tarverdyan is a complete joke. Ronda would have been so much better if she had a real trainer and real camp at any point in her career. Wasted potential. I say that having won $1200 betting on Nunes, so I was happy I got to exploit the fuck out of it, but still. Sad.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:06 pm

Check out this angle of the Rousey fight with her corner audio, to see just how retarded Edmond Tarverdyan really is. Telling her to box until she's basically out on the feet before finally advising her to clinch with any urgency, when it's already way too late. To the point where Nunes goes over to him and shushes him for his retarded corner advice.
http://ca.complex.com/sports/2016/12/au ... unes-fight
The man is a fraud, charlatan and joke who sabotages the career of any fighter who lets him train them at his gym.
*yip*

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:28 pm

StCapps wrote:Check out this angle of the Rousey fight with her corner audio, to see just how retarded Edmond Tarverdyan really is. Telling her to box until she's basically out on the feet before finally advising her to clinch with any urgency, when it's already way too late. To the point where Nunes goes over to him and shushes him for his retarded corner advice.
http://ca.complex.com/sports/2016/12/au ... unes-fight
The man is a fraud, charlatan and joke who sabotages the career of any fighter who lets him train them at his gym.
I read that transcript, unbelievable. Nunes called him out right after the fight, and at the post fight presser. She said that Edmond lied to Ronda about her boxing and basically that she had no business being in there.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:38 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:She could start a fight club in a major city, with training classes, and make bank.
Or just a super-premium training gym. There are weekend warriors with more money than sense
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:46 pm

California wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:She could start a fight club in a major city, with training classes, and make bank.
Or just a super-premium training gym. There are weekend warriors with more money than sense

I was looking at the UFC gyms in my area. They charge like eighty bucks per session. So if you want to be trained twice a week, you are looking at about $640 per month. I think the gym fee is not included.

They look cool if you have the money. You can choose various styles to focus on. They seem to have fight clubs too where members can fight.

I have been thinking about trying to learn Wing Chun, though. I think it's about $115 per month for twice per week to do that. After a few years maybe go learn some grappling of some kind.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:51 pm

California wrote:
Ronda has better ways to cash in than by training fighters and opening her own gym. She doesn't strike me as taking well to being a coach, and she sucked in the role on TUF. Guest roles in shitty movies and maybe professional wrestling are probably the leading contenders for Ronda's life after fighting.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*