Promote the Martin Hash forum

Montegriffo

Re: Promote the Martin Hash forum

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:37 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Agreed. Accents are a mark of cultural pride which is why I was slightly crest fallen to learn that dingos don't sound like Crocodile Dundee.
Oh they do. You go to some remote outback town and you will only understand about one word in three. You are just talking about media whores who want to fit in to the world of TV etc.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:That's a bit of a stereotype. I listen to a few dingo podcasters and they sound normal. Part of it is their media is all American so the old accent is dying out.
Oh he's just jealous because they have better surf and cleaner beaches over there.
:D
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:44 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:They actually have huge cred in certain internet communities for being the best at bantz. Even though they can not defeat the mighty Emu.
Yeah, they are probably the champions in heavyweight shittalking
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:45 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Agreed. Accents are a mark of cultural pride which is why I was slightly crest fallen to learn that dingos don't sound like Crocodile Dundee.
Oh they do. You go to some remote outback town and you will only understand about one word in three. You are just talking about media whores who want to fit in to the world of TV etc.
Well no I was talking about anonymous podcasters which is only partially the same thing because it does inflate their ego in their online communities. Other than that, I really can't remember the last time I've seen or heard from one.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Shame the Aussies never stuck around the DCF for long. I spotted a few funny ones but they never made more than a few posts before they f'd off. Even worse time difference than me I guess. Shame though, it would give me someone to talk trash with about the proper sports like cricket and rugby.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:56 pm

I'm still holding out for a right wing by American standards German. And that's not because my schtick right now is to act like a Nazi. I do like Nazis but I really just like running across Germans in the wild. They don't have much of a sense of humor though.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:05 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I'm still holding out for a right wing by American standards German. And that's not because my schtick right now is to act like a Nazi. I do like Nazis but I really just like running across Germans in the wild. They don't have much of a sense of humor though.
They do but it's very simple and not funny to anyone else.

this guy is pretty funny but he's been over here for a while now.

Can't watch it myself so I hope it's a good example of his work. Lots of stuff about WWII and German work effort.
We do like to have fun and mess around but unlike Britain we like to get the work done first
That kind of thing.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:22 pm

Well Hash Just answered the question about is it ok to talk drugs on here. Nice one Martin I hope you're having fun.
See "Space".

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:32 pm

I wonder if he's alluding to Comet Pizza :shock:

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:26 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Well Hash Just answered the question about is it ok to talk drugs on here. Nice one Martin I hope you're having fun.
See "Space".
He just might be my new hero