Promote the Martin Hash forum

DrYouth

Re: Promote the Martin Hash forum

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:48 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Your academics slipped them in to look cool and our German academics took them right back out. Unnecessary.
Do you have German heritage Nuke?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:49 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Your academics slipped them in to look cool and our German academics took them right back out. Unnecessary.
One thing the academics mention is that modern American English is closer to pre settler English than modern English is now.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
One thing the academics mention is that modern American English is closer to pre settler English than modern English is now.
So where does Australian English fit in? Retards? :lol:
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:23 pm

That's a bit of a stereotype. I listen to a few dingo podcasters and they sound normal. Part of it is their media is all American so the old accent is dying out.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:26 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:That's a bit of a stereotype. I listen to a few dingo podcasters and they sound normal. Part of it is their media is all American so the old accent is dying out.
Oh he's just jealous because they have better surf and cleaner beaches over there.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:29 pm

They honestly sound American with a British accent if that makes sense. But they got some cool words and sayings I can't be bothered to remember right now.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Accents have a lot to do with accepting and being proud of where you come from. Australians don't want to sound too English as they need their own identity. Same with you Americans. No shame in sounding like a country bumpkin if you are proud of your roots in the mid west or Cornwall.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Agreed. Accents are a mark of cultural pride which is why I was slightly crest fallen to learn that dingos don't sound like Crocodile Dundee.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:34 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:They honestly sound American with a British accent if that makes sense. But they got some cool words and sayings I can't be bothered to remember right now.
Oh fuck yeah, Aussies are funny as fuck. Stuff like dunny for toilets. Are you done on the dunny. Not a great example but I can't be arsed to remember either.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:35 pm

They actually have huge cred in certain internet communities for being the best at bantz. Even though they can not defeat the mighty Emu.