Camper thread

Montegriffo

Re: Camper thread

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:45 pm

Agreed.
I had to stay in one in Ireland for a couple of days. Too bloody noisy by half, other people enjoying themselves can be pretty irritating.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:23 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Can't go wrong with a Merc. My last one was 28 years old when I finally gave up on it. Even then it was only rust that killed it. Still worked perfectly.
He takes that thing to go grocery shopping. :lol:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:28 pm

Why not, if he's a bit peckish he can knock up a snack in the car park before he heads home.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Why not indeed? It actually makes me really happy to see him enjoy the fruit of his labor so thoroughly. He beams every time someone asks him about it or compliments it. I think it is one of the few things that he purchased purely as a selfish endeavor, finally. Mom likes it too but he would have gotten it regardless. :lol:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:39 pm

Yeah, Mercs aint cheep. Did he buy it brand new?

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Yeah, Mercs aint cheep. Did he buy it brand new?
Last year's model. I think he said he got it for 104k. It is a trick rig. He is almost ready to give up his day job and start touring the US.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Haumana wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Yeah, Mercs aint cheep. Did he buy it brand new?
Last year's model. I think he said he got it for 104k. It is a trick rig. He is almost ready to give up his day job and start touring the US.
Not daft then. No point in buying a new one unless you have more money than sense.
The States must be a great place to have a camper van, all that cheap gas and so many different sights to see. The places on my wish list would be on all 4 corners, Niagara falls, Miami Everglades, Californian coastline and Montana forests.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:17 pm

Montegriffo wrote: Not daft then. No point in buying a new one unless you have more money than sense.
The States must be a great place to have a camper van, all that cheap gas and so many different sights to see. The places on my wish list would be on all 4 corners, Niagara falls, Miami Everglades, Californian coastline and Montana forests.
You don't get the bulletproof warranty and all the slobbering that goes with a purchase like that. He never was a fan of buying used anything. But I am sure he got a deal for what he got. He loves buying houses and vehicles because those are the two big things up for negotiation over here. I have seen 3 of your 5.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:23 pm

It's a Merc, he has no need of a warranty. Which one of the four corners have you missed?

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Montegriffo wrote:It's a Merc, he has no need of a warranty. Which one of the four corners have you missed?
I stood at 4 corners. Never been to Niagra Falls nor Florida.