Crazy Stuff Found 'Round the Internet

TheReal_ND

Re: Crazy Stuff Found 'Round the Internet

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 01, 2017 4:18 pm

de officiis wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Haumana wrote:I can only laugh at this while shaking my head. The madness continues its uptick.

Laura Southern legally changed her gender to male in Canada...
When I see this sort of thing, my mind begins to try to imagine a vast warehouse-sized space deep within the bowels of Facebook, with hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people in tiny cubicles attempting to keep up with the thousands of posts that are made every second across the globe. It boggles the imagination...
When I used FB we noticed some images being taken down in a private (specific type of) car group that was relatively small and everyone knew each other mostly from a vbulletin board. We constantly bantzed each other but every so often we would get suspended for a day for posting nudity. After it became clear none of us car guys were snitching we decided there are a bunch of Pajeets in India whose job it is to scroll through images. Probably kind of like an Amazon Turk kind of job.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 01, 2017 4:20 pm

It won't even let me upload some images.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 01, 2017 4:21 pm

Huh... must be some kind of AI or image recognition involved.
Last edited by TheReal_ND on Mon May 01, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Mon May 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Pretty amazing video. Hope the baby didn't suffer brain damage. I guess they'll know more as they wean it from the ventilator.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 01, 2017 4:23 pm

de officiis wrote:
Pretty amazing video. Hope the baby didn't suffer brain damage. I guess they'll know more as they wean it from the ventilator.

By early afternoon news said the baby is on a resperator but likely to recover.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue May 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Just thinking about this shit gives me the creeps. :|

An outlandish surgeon who aims to perform the first head transplant just gave a rat a second head
Italian neurosurgeon Sergio Canavero made headlines around the world two years ago with the bold claim that he would soon be stitching one person's head onto another's body.

Despite the numerous obstacles Canavero faces from ethical and scientific standpoints, he appears to be moving full-steam ahead. Last year, he performed what he called a "proof-of-concept" procedure in which he severed a dog's spinal cord then reconnected it — one of the major obstacles to completing the procedure in people.

And now Canavero has published another equally repellant study that details how he and another surgeon, Xiaoping Ren, attached the head of a mouse to the body of a rat. The team then repeated the procedure in several other animals, effectively creating a series of two-headed rats.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue May 02, 2017 6:36 pm

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue May 02, 2017 6:41 pm

de officiis wrote:

Captain hindsight here. Keep a tow strap in your vehicle for emergencies. I've used mine multiple times. They could have had that car out of the water faster than they were able to force their way into a vehicle under water. A sharp knife, or better yet, a seatbelt cutter in the glove box is also advised.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue May 02, 2017 6:43 pm

seat belt cutter
Somebody made a specific tool for that....

Ffs I could have been a millionaire by now

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
de officiis wrote:

Captain hindsight here. Keep a tow strap in your vehicle for emergencies. I've used mine multiple times. They could have had that car out of the water faster than they were able to force their way into a vehicle under water. A sharp knife, or better yet, a seatbelt cutter in the glove box is also advised.

Keep the seatbelt cutter on your keychain. If it's loose in the cabin, it's not going to help you in an accident. Same if it's in the glove box in some cases. Keys in the ignition are usually within reach and they won't go anywhere. If you have a keyless system, it's in your pocket.

Anyway, the dad said on FB that the older girl is breathing on her own and they are waiting for her to wake up.