ITT We discuss the old DCF skins

TheReal_ND

ITT We discuss the old DCF skins

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:36 pm

It is my firm belief that the Berlin Grey skin was brutal as fuck. When I joined that was the default skin and it took me a while before I found out there were others but by then I was just to used to the default. Iirc there were also some minor GUI tweaks between the skins. I've long understood the pychology behind colors in your surroundings and have frequently wondered about the colors on different community sites affecting behavior, such as for example FB and their format which I've grown to loathe now. But this is the first time I've wondered about the DCF formatting and how it may have effected people's psyche or rather Okee brought this up. Switching between the two boards while they are still up is interesting because I immediately feel more hostile there, while here I feel slightly disarmed but there could be an array of reasons for this so I proffer this OP in the hopes of finding out what skins people used and wether or not they feel it effected their behavior while using them.

Ex-California

Re: ITT We discuss the old DCF skins

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:37 pm

I kept my DCF skin black. I like the dark
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:19 am

Metro Blue was my thing. Blue is a great calming color.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:22 am

I already said it. I think the soft palette here has people in a much more amenable mood than the old dark palette did. Environment matters.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:33 am

I agree. The brutal atmosphere combined with the fact there were so many ass holes there already really did a number on new members. I secretly imagine that Dan was turning out super soldiers for the Internet before the shadow government threatened his life.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:44 am

I think he had outside help when he put the new dcf together. Those fuckers knew what they were doing. No way they didn't know what that black and grey skin would produce.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:11 am

I never considered the environment could be altered considerably by the skin, but it all makes sense.

Fuck you Ben!
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:56 am

Mindset is affected greatly by environment. Music plays a similar role. Put a mouse in a box and lambaste it with death metal and it will become a stone cold killer.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:03 am

I get it.

When Fife had Lemmy Kilmister for an avatar, I read all his posts as being much more threatening... true story.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:09 am

This youtube button is great.