Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

Haumana

Re: Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Penner wrote: Yeah, really do not remember a lot about Rogan comedy career other than he stated that Carlos Mencia and Dane Cook stole his jokes.

I also like Jim Gaffigan's hot pockets routine although, I really don't remember anything new for that guy.
Joe is a quirky character. He has a sensory deprivation tank in his home that he regularly takes trips in. He is an avid marijuana advocate who didn't get into it until his late 20's. He is a martial artist kickboxer who got his BJJ black belt a few years ago. He is a bow hunter who vowed last year to get his family free from factory farmed meat. He is an advocate of psychedelic trips to understand what this human experience is all about. And he is a self proclaimed fucking idiot who knows nothing. :lol: I saw a write up of him where he was dubbed this generation's Timothy Leary. :ugeek:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:57 pm

mydogjesse wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:Women are not funny :lol:
Just kidding.
Wanda Sykes. She gets relegated to second banana in mainstream comedy these days, but her standup is amazing.

I should also mention Lewis Black for political and social commentary. I prefer him to Jon Stewart for that genre - Stewart is the greater wit but no one does biting, spot-on sarcasm like Black. Listen to his Carnegie Hall recording.
No-one got any love for Joan Rivers? She was one funny, twisted gal. Big loss for me when she died.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
No-one got any love for Joan Rivers? She was one funny, twisted gal. Big loss for me when she died.
Who? Jerry Rivers? She was funny enough but her E show red carpet examine people's outfits with her daughter pretty much made me not miss her. Buddy Hackett though?? He was a loss. :lol:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:24 pm

To be honest we didn't get a lot of the more recent Rivers' stuff over here so I still remember her fondly. Did see a Family Guy take on her red carpet stuff recently though which was not kind to her.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Richard Pryor
Dave Chapelle
Bill Burr
The Tater

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:49 pm

X
Last edited by Fife on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Tater Salad was hilarious. Everyone says that guy is just a good dude to hang out with.

Gilbert is one of my all time irreverent comedians. Old school Stern with him and Billy West as Marge Schott. Wot??? Epic. Not to mention his "too soon" tweets.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:40 pm

Haumana wrote:Tater Salad was hilarious. Everyone says that guy is just a good dude to hang out with.

Gilbert is one of my all time irreverent comedians. Old school Stern with him and Billy West as Marge Schott. Wot??? Epic. Not to mention his "too soon" tweets.
My favorite Gilbert joke of all time is this "It's not true that Bob Saget, raped and killed a girl in 1989" or whatever that was. Those roasts are hit or miss, but that moment had me crying, he's a national treasure.

Yea, all comedians protect Ron White. He's the man, which is cool. Seems like a great guy.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:41 pm

X
Last edited by Fife on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:44 pm

Fife wrote:
Haumana wrote:Tater Salad was hilarious. Everyone says that guy is just a good dude to hang out with.

Do you listen to either of his two podcasts? Epic stuff.
Gilbert's? I have listened in on some of his one podcast. I didn't know he had two. He is a comedic historian. I will seek it out.