Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

Haumana

Re: Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

Post by Haumana » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:38 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:Hey everyone, Gerald here. I thought it would be fun to stop trolling the internet by putting cocks in people's mouths, and instead, talk some stand up comedy.

Who would be on your Mount Rushmore (Top 4) Stand Ups of all time? Please add clips when you can :mrgreen:

This is in no particular order.

PS Women are not funny :lol:
Just kidding.

Patrice O'Neal

Patrice shoutout says that you are a connoisseur of the standup. I can't argue with that list. Joe Rogan's talking Monkeys in Space sniffs around the edges. I can't verify the quality of this link but Joe's specials have plenty of food for thought. I love me some standup comedy.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Only came across Jim Jefferies a couple of years ago. Easily my current favorite and there are loads of his full shows on youtube you could lose the next 4hrs if you look him up.
Jefferies is hilarious. And Hicks has to be on any respectable list. Have you listened to any David Sedaris or Maria Bamford? Either or both will make you guffaw with laughter. "Me talk pretty one day" audiobook is crazy hilarious.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:57 pm

Haumana wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:Hey everyone, Gerald here. I thought it would be fun to stop trolling the internet by putting cocks in people's mouths, and instead, talk some stand up comedy.

Who would be on your Mount Rushmore (Top 4) Stand Ups of all time? Please add clips when you can :mrgreen:

This is in no particular order.

PS Women are not funny :lol:
Just kidding.

Patrice O'Neal

Patrice shoutout says that you are a connoisseur of the standup. I can't argue with that list. Joe Rogan's talking Monkeys in Space sniffs around the edges. I can't verify the quality of this link but Joe's specials have plenty of food for thought. I love me some standup comedy.

Thanks for the kind words! I love Joe Rogan, and Coco!!!
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:14 pm

skankhunt42 wrote: Thanks for the kind words! I love Joe Rogan, and Coco!!!
I can get real nerdy talking about standup comedians. Coco is one of those people who seem more in their element while in conversation vs having a groomed hour of material.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:15 pm

Haumana wrote:
I can get real nerdy talking about standup comedians. Coco is one of those people who seem more in their element while in conversation vs having a groomed hour of material.
MIght have to make a podcast Mount as well! Yea, he kills on his podcast and on Rogan. Also, Patrice on Opie & Anthony, in particular, when he took phone calls about relationships is fucking gold. Unreal comedy. Genius comedy.

I'm also a Carolla fan.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:24 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:
Haumana wrote:
MIght have to make a podcast Mount as well! Yea, he kills on his podcast and on Rogan. Also, Patrice on Opie & Anthony, in particular, when he took phone calls about relationships is fucking gold. Unreal comedy. Genius comedy.

I'm also a Carolla fan.
Patrice on O&A is the apex of funny. Off the cuff, in the moment but yet thoughtful and solid rationale??? I can't imagine it get any better than that. Patrice was probably the best philosophical comic I have ever heard. I mean Hicks, Carlin and Stanhope are up there but I think had Patrice been given more time he would have eclipsed those three just based on those appearances. He had more to give when he died, he was just starting to hit his stride.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:28 pm

Haumana wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:
Haumana wrote:

I'm also a Carolla fan.
Patrice on O&A is the apex of funny. Off the cuff, in the moment but yet thoughtful and solid rationale??? I can't imagine it get any better than that. Patrice was probably the best philosophical comic I have ever heard. I mean Hicks, Carlin and Stanhope are up there but I think had Patrice been given more time he would have eclipsed those three just based on those appearances. He had more to give when he died, he was just starting to hit his stride.
Sir, I have a treat for you if you haven't heard this. The whole thing is gold but after the 43 minute mark is insane!

Dand

Post by Dand » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:34 pm

skankhunt42 wrote:
Haumana wrote:

I'm also a Carolla fan.
Love that Loveline but his current podcast has so many commercials and lacks the chemistry that two hosts can have. When it's all about Carolla he is good but with a partner (ie Dr Drew on Loveline or Jimmy Kimmel on The Man Show) I think he is better.

Norm MacDonald kills it on both the standup and podcast fronts

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:38 pm

[quote="skankhunt42"

Sir, I have a treat for you if you haven't heard this. The whole thing is gold but after the 43 minute mark is insane!
[/quote]

Puhlease. I have Patrice's laugh at Bobo's up and down game as my ringtone for solicitors under the heading of Greatest laugh ever. Everytime some shitdick who cold calls me rings my phone he gets stuck under that laugh.

Colin Quinn is another, I forgot to mention. FF to the end of the show.

Last edited by Haumana on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:39 pm

Dand wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:
Haumana wrote:

I'm also a Carolla fan.
Love that Loveline but his current podcast has so many commercials and lacks the chemistry that two hosts can have. When it's all about Carolla he is good but with a partner (ie Dr Drew on Loveline or Jimmy Kimmel on The Man Show) I think he is better.

Norm MacDonald kills it on both the standup and podcast fronts
I think we just became friends! I agree about Carolla. I still listen to classic Loveline for fun! Also, Norm just being Norm is awesome. God, I love Dirty Work and his interviews and stand up. He killed it on Dave's last week!
Add Colin Quinn to the list of awesome guys from that era!

I wrote the Quinn thing and just noticed what you wrote. Talk about being a step ahead! You rock!