Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

skankhunt42

Re: Your Comedy Mount Rushmore

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:21 pm

Kath wrote:I'll try to remember to find links, but...

Burns & Allen
Carlin
Newhart
Steve Martin
Kath, I don't know if you follow Steve Martin on Twitter, but it's glorious! Great list!
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:22 pm

Only came across Jim Jefferies a couple of years ago. Easily my current favorite and there are loads of his full shows on youtube you could lose the next 4hrs if you look him up.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:24 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Only came across Jim Jefferies a couple of years ago. Easily my current favorite and there are loads of his full shows on youtube you could lose the next 4hrs if you look him up.
Planning on losing lots of hours on this thread! I loved his show that was on Netflix.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Kath wrote:I'll try to remember to find links, but...

Burns & Allen
Carlin
Newhart
Steve Martin
I need more than 4.... Gilda....
Account abandoned.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Kath wrote:Newhart
Another groundbreaker in comedy. His use of pauses and subtle expression reminds me of Jack Benny. I wonder if Benny was an influence on Newhart?
:royalty-queen:

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:28 pm

mydogjesse wrote:
Kath wrote:Newhart
Another groundbreaker in comedy. His use of pauses and subtle expression reminds me of Jack Benny. I wonder if Benny was an influence on Newhart?
I need to listen to both of them more. I've only heard short clips.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:33 pm

mydogjesse wrote:
Had to, don't you think? Also, Burns is right in there. Both had great straight-man style.
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:36 pm

Skank, check out the Al Murray. You probably haven't come across him over there. Very British ironic stereotyping at it's best in the on Nations clip. He was Brexit before Brexit was even a thing.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Skank, check out the Al Murray. You probably haven't come across him over there. Very British ironic stereotyping at it's best in the on Nations clip. He was Brexit before Brexit was even a thing.
On it! Have not heard him.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:41 pm

I forgot about Burns & Allen. It seems like it would be much more difficult to play the straight man. And I also forgot that Gilda did standup.
:royalty-queen: