The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:07 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Okay.

Computer arrived. Downloaded Starmade, but got sucked back into KSP.
Still waiting for Ferram to update his mod to atmospheric physics. Driving me crazy.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:44 pm

They obviously changed something. My shit overheats and crashes now.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:54 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:They obviously changed something. My shit overheats and crashes now.
You are eating to much chilli.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:24 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:They obviously changed something. My shit overheats and crashes now.
Re-entry was changed a few patches ago. You can't come in crazy steep, and you can't come in too fast. You will need to aim for the very outer edge of the atmo (68,000m) whenever possible, and perform braking orbits.
Sub-Orbital is extremely tricky, too. Best to just play it safe on those.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Yeah, I figured it out. Use heat shields. Try to save fuel so you can just thrust into retrograde during descent.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:31 pm

Finally finished The Witcher 3! What a fantastic game.

I tried to make sure I was making the "good" choices throughout my playthrough, but am kind of pissed off that I missed one that I considered quite important. It was tangential to the story, where I got the outcome I wanted, but really pissed me off...

Without too many spoilers, it basically amounted to: this asshole keeps pissing me off, and he's trying to stop me right now, should I promise him something, or "forcefully push him out of the way"? Yeah, let's push him WTF Geralt I think you went a bit overboard there breaking his fucking leg! What's that, oh now I can't take down the ruling king, yep, I totally understood that decision and it's consequences...

Other than that, I thought everything else in the story, and the decision-making, was very well done.

And now I'm on to Hearts of Stone.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:16 am

Starting to build the relay system in Kerbin space.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:17 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Starting to build the relay system in Kerbin space.

I refuse to play until Ferram updates FAR. But damn, it's not easy...

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:22 am

Once I get a relay system in kerbin space, connecting both Minmus and Mun to Kerbin, I can land a science lab lander on Minmus and probably get about a thousand science points in one mission of hopping around to the different biomes. After that, I am thinking about hitting up Jool space and visiting as many moons there as necessary to complete the tech tree.

I am hoping that just sending a probe out there would trigger new contracts for Jool. Maybe need to look at the next window.

Before all this new stuff, the only places I ever really visited were Jool space, Eve, and Duna. Landed on Duna and it's moon. Did not land on Eve. Sent a little space plane into Jool's atmosphere and landed on a couple moons. The moons there will fuck your shit up. Sent my kerbals flying out of the solar system. But oh well.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:34 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Once I get a relay system in kerbin space, connecting both Minmus and Mun to Kerbin, I can land a science lab lander on Minmus and probably get about a thousand science points in one mission of hopping around to the different biomes. After that, I am thinking about hitting up Jool space and visiting as many moons there as necessary to complete the tech tree.

I am hoping that just sending a probe out there would trigger new contracts for Jool. Maybe need to look at the next window.

Before all this new stuff, the only places I ever really visited were Jool space, Eve, and Duna. Landed on Duna and it's moon. Did not land on Eve. Sent a little space plane into Jool's atmosphere and landed on a couple moons. The moons there will fuck your shit up. Sent my kerbals flying out of the solar system. But oh well.
heh I've never left Mun/Minmus, except to grab some asteroids or attempt a solar landing. The tech tree can be maxed without even visiting Minmus.

I like building refueling/science stations, and just landing from there repeatedly. I also built a space shuttle replica - which was one of the hardest builds I've ever done.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace