The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

C-Mag

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:15 am

Xenophon wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:13 am
I'm trying to scoop up games worth playing for my vita before they permanently close the vita store. I'm kicking around the idea of buying Earth Defense Force 2, for the Vita. It has good reviews. Do you guys have any experience with it?
I probably should know what Vita is, but I don't
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:16 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:15 am
Xenophon wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:13 am
I'm trying to scoop up games worth playing for my vita before they permanently close the vita store. I'm kicking around the idea of buying Earth Defense Force 2, for the Vita. It has good reviews. Do you guys have any experience with it?
I probably should know what Vita is, but I don't

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:28 am

Never played with one, so I really don’t know.
I’m all over Steam and RetroPie.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:48 am

Someone dubbed 3D printer guy created a hyper-realistic version story/videos of Among Us.

#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:46 am

I played the new Outriders demo, it has some glitches that can be "ignored" for now, such as capes not flowing correctly, and a few of the character's faces not seeming like they are on straight... and the cutscenes seems to be a little janky... as well as the controls, not 100% intuitive or "smooth"...

But once you get used to it, and ignore the small things (compared to things like Anthem and how it failed like a great ball of nuclear fire), the game is actually fun. It is challenging, and it allows you to actually think about how to beat the bosses and mini-bosses. It has great potential, the AI isn't 100% genius level but it will give you a challenge.

The weapons are fun, you actually have to think about which ones you want to keep and sell. The weapons I have now, oh, I love the sniper rifles, they are so pleasing when it comes to headshots...

Bullet accuracy and range of a target actually matters too. A pistol will not be able to shoot long-range and pop a head off of an enemy unless it has a scope... and then that is not always a guarantee.

The game is one to look into, I do have to say though the one thing I don't like about the game is that it's not a truly open environment, you can't truly just look around like in Fallout 4, or Skyrim, there are places you should be able to visit, but can't because either it's not time, or they blocked it off so you don't get distracted...

I'd love to see this game be more open world, but with the short time I played it, it will be a game that I see myself spending a lot of time in, either it is solo or with friends if I can find a few to play with on XBox.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:35 am

I can't wait for this, the game has come a LONG way since day once, and it actually worth playing now... although I do have to say, the crews can still be toxic, it's fun.

#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:03 pm

Well, I did it...

100% completion, when it was meant to be nearly impossible to do because of all the glitches. It took 20 tries on the 2nd part of the Tall Tale to complete, but I got it done. This game is broke after the patch though, can't get 100% anymore... so for a little while longer I will be one of the elite few that got it done...

Considering there are about 62k people playing right now, that means I am one out of about 105 people to complete it in it's entirety....
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:57 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:03 pm
Well, I did it...

100% completion, when it was meant to be nearly impossible to do because of all the glitches. It took 20 tries on the 2nd part of the Tall Tale to complete, but I got it done. This game is broke after the patch though, can't get 100% anymore... so for a little while longer I will be one of the elite few that got it done...

Considering there are about 62k people playing right now, that means I am one out of about 105 people to complete it in it's entirety....
Nice one.

I love getting big cheevos - even if nobody else sees it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:37 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:57 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:03 pm
Well, I did it...

Nice one.

I love getting big cheevos - even if nobody else sees it.
Thanks, the first chapter was fun, it relived part of the PotC series in it with Davy Jones as a protagonist.
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:32 am

I'm replaying Fallout 4 again.

Not really motivated to play anything else.