Gaming night

Okeefenokee

Gaming night

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:02 pm

Just a thought. We had a Steam tag thread in the old country. Would anyone be interested in getting together a game night something like once a month? There are plenty of free games out there we could play. World of Tanks and World of Warships come to mind. We could work out the details to put something together the first Saturday night of the month, or something like that.

Anyway, what do you think?

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Re: Gaming night

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:18 am

Sweet idea if I could uncuck my laptop. Not sure what games it could run anyway. Really want to try Europa.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:46 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Sweet idea if I could uncuck my laptop. Not sure what games it could run anyway. Really want to try Europa.
Victoria 2 is fantastic and accessible. I still suck at it, though.

Heraclius

Post by Heraclius » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:26 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Sweet idea if I could uncuck my laptop. Not sure what games it could run anyway. Really want to try Europa.
You should, but wait until the Winter Steam Sale if you want to get it. I don't think any new DLCs are coming out which means most (if not all) of the current game add-ons will be for sale.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:28 am

Heraclius wrote:
You should, but wait until the Winter Steam Sale if you want to get it. I don't think any new DLCs are coming out which means most (if not all) of the current game add-ons will be for sale.
Seconded. With the current release of the game, there are about 4 or 5 DLCs that are must-have to be able to get the full potential out of the game. When they have a sale, you can end up getting them for a decent deal.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:46 am

There is StarMade:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244770/

It's like Minecraft with spaceships. You can attack other ships apparently, so it's probably more fun than Minecraft.

Some genius even added the RingWorld:

Land on planets to mine resource blocks:

Build spaceships with your resource blocks to break other players' stuff:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:46 pm

I am totally in favor of getting together, even weekly, on Fri or Sat nights to play something that we all like.

I'm an old-school World of Tanks vet, but haven't tried the Warships yet. Downloading now... :D
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:37 pm

You are going to love warships. It's my favorite right now.

I don't play through steam. Does anyone know if there is a way to link accounts?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

katarn

Post by katarn » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:54 pm

Nothing I have can run online games well. I'm limited (in the PC world) to old total war like Rome and Med II, but I like the idea and would join when these machines die and I buy new ones.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace