NFL 2016

C-Mag

Re: NFL 2016

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:02 am

LVH2 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:There's a limited set of games to choose from in which Belichick coached Patriots played without Brady. Of the evidence out there, the Pats win - loss percentage is about the same with or without Brady. It implies the Patriots can do as well without him, but it's not definite proof. However, there is ample evidence that other QBs playing in the same era are far more valuable to their team. For instance, Peyton Manning goes down for a year and the Colts go from 80% wins and a Superbowl contender to a 1-15 loser picking first in the draft.
Precisely.
That's often the underlying issue in a lot of these debates.

Who is better? The guy who can carry any team to a certain level of success, or the guy who can achieve even more, but only when he is on the right team.

Wilt vs Bill Russell is another example.

Yeah, better to define the metrics before the argument. If you are talking Championships. No one comes close to Otto Grahm and Paul Brown. Interceptions, Brady has more playoff interceptions than anyone in history.

I could make a case that QBs who played after the 80s or 90s shouldn't be considered because of rule changes basically make the QB a specially protected position like a kicker. How many modern QBs could stand up to the beatings that 70s QBs took game in and game out. Go back and look at Concrete Charlie hitting Frank Gifford, Gifford was out of football for nearly 2 years because of a single hit.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 pm

C-Mag wrote:
LVH2 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Precisely.
That's often the underlying issue in a lot of these debates.

Who is better? The guy who can carry any team to a certain level of success, or the guy who can achieve even more, but only when he is on the right team.

Wilt vs Bill Russell is another example.

Yeah, better to define the metrics before the argument. If you are talking Championships. No one comes close to Otto Grahm and Paul Brown. Interceptions, Brady has more playoff interceptions than anyone in history.

I could make a case that QBs who played after the 80s or 90s shouldn't be considered because of rule changes basically make the QB a specially protected position like a kicker. How many modern QBs could stand up to the beatings that 70s QBs took game in and game out. Go back and look at Concrete Charlie hitting Frank Gifford, Gifford was out of football for nearly 2 years because of a single hit.
Brady also has the most amount of showings in the playoffs than almost any others as well...
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Post season is here, who looking for a QB ?

Top Names available

Romo
Cutler
Garapolo

Personally, Romo is the only one I'd touch. Cutler is a pain in the ass for any team, Garapolo is unproven, could be another Scott Mitchell.

For the Phins, I'm fine with Tanneyhill. Sure, I love to have an Aaron Rogers, Matty Ice or Rothlesburger, but where do I find one of those.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:35 pm

lol don't take Romo. We like him in the Cowboys. Fucking hate the Cowboys.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:02 pm

Doesn't matter who the bears take, until they upgrade the O-line. Just another punching bag for opposing defenses.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:51 pm

x
Last edited by Okeefenokee on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:52 pm

nfl 2017

Kaepernick unemployed.
Spike Lee calls out teams for not signing free agent Colin Kaepernick

Kaepernick will stand for the national anthem during the 2017 season, sources have told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Kaepernick no longer wants his method of protest to detract from the positive change he believes has been created, sources said. The amount of national discussion on social inequality -- as well as support from other athletes nationwide, including NFL and NBA players -- affirmed the message he has tried to deliver.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1895 ... kaepernick
Geeze, I don't watch ESPN, so I had to take everyone's word for it being cancer, but now I see. They are talking about him like he's a dead martyr.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:nfl 2017

Kaepernick unemployed.

Kaepernick will stand for the national anthem during the 2017 season, sources have told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Kaepernick no longer wants his method of protest to detract from the positive change he believes has been created, sources said. The amount of national discussion on social inequality -- as well as support from other athletes nationwide, including NFL and NBA players -- affirmed the message he has tried to deliver.
Geeze, I don't watch ESPN, so I had to take everyone's word for it being cancer, but now I see. They are talking about him like he's a dead martyr.
He doesn't want it to detract from the positive change in his paychecks :lol:
Everybody's got a price.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:38 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:nfl 2017

Kaepernick unemployed.

He doesn't want it to detract from the positive change in his paychecks :lol:
Everybody's got a price.

I hope he's unemployed. Any of us that brought that much negative attention to our employers would easily be unemployed. If ESPN or Spike Lee like him so much, they should hire him for the going rate of a starting QB in the NFL, he can kneel outside their business places.
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:57 am

:lol: