Books and Shiet

TheReal_ND

Re: Books and Shiet

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:00 pm

Reported. Good. Thank you.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:20 pm

Deo's textbook on Logic was filled with too many Jewish tricks and ideological subversions so I gave up on nonfiction for the time being and amgoing back to fiction, my true passion. Pic related was all they had at the used book store. I couldn't find any Culture Wars.

katarn

Post by katarn » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Just buy some decent insulation and panel your walls. You must be suffering from condensation even if it's not that cold.
Yeah the condensation was getting out of hand. Still thinking on how to deal with that properly. But this is the book thread so I'm just going to go on record and state J.R.R. Tolkien is hands down my favorite author. I actually liked The Silmilrian the best out of all of them and if anyone wants to buy me a Christmas present well there's your hint.
Ha, you are the only other person I know who has read the Silmarillion. What a great book even if a bit difficult to keep up with all the names and places.
I liked Turambar, especially in his expanded story and novel, but really loved Fingolfin's duel with Morgoth. Image
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:03 pm

Turin was my favorite. That book probably ruined my life.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:13 pm

The 6th Expanse book, Babylon's Ashes, was a great adventurous read like the rest of them but the writers are getting too SJW. They made such a point in making all the relationships in the book outside of Holden and Naomi's to be some kind of alternative relationship.

But whatever

I've been going through the Roma Sub Rosa series but now that I went back to Sci-Fi I bought some book Amazon has been advertising called The Stars Are Legion. We shall see

I also have Tom Holland's Rubicon: The Last Years of the Roman Republic ready to go on my Kindle and after that I'm going to continue on Roma Sub Rosa because I'm loving Gordianus the Finder
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:00 pm

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:02 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Image
Deo's textbook on Logic was filled with too many Jewish tricks and ideological subversions so I gave up on nonfiction for the time being and amgoing back to fiction, my true passion. Pic related was all they had at the used book store. I couldn't find any Culture Wars.
I finished quote related. It was pretty good. Banks was always kind of a liberal but he did a good job with the characters anyway.

I bought Storm of Steel. Something I've been meaning to get. Blue Prints for Armageddon is still one of my favorite podcasts of all time. Flip can go get bent.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:47 am

I'm reading the The Last Kingdom Series by Bernard Cornwell. Currently on the forth book, Sword Song.

I can recommend them highly. Very brutal but so were the times I guess. Bernard seems to have an axe to grind with Christianity. :lol:

The descriptions of the Danes and Norsemen are some of the best I've read since Frans G. Bengtssons Röde Orm (The Long Ships).

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:33 pm

Finally finished the otherlands series. He brought it all together in the end, and made time for a good epilogue-like wrap up.

Now we're on to the alchemist. Got a fifteen hour drive tomorrow, so we'll finish it and start something else. The alchemist is only four hours or so.

I'm only an hour or so into dune, so I might start it over so we can listen together.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751