Books and Shiet

Montegriffo

Re: Books and Shiet

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:38 pm

And a bit of science

https://udel.edu/~mcdonald/mythtoelength.html

Toe length as a character

I did an image search for painted toenails and arranged the images from longer big toes to longer second toes. As you can see, the relative length of the big and second toes varies continuously; there aren't just two categories of toe length. Some studies have found about 5 percent of the populations sampled to have the big toe and second toe equal in length (Romanus 1952, Turgut et al. 1997). Hawkes (1914) said the big and second toes were the same length in only 0.1 percent of people. She also said about 6 percent of people had the big toe longer on one foot and the second toe longer on the other foot.
Toe length: The myth

In some people, the big toe is longer than the second toe (here called "L," for long big toe), while other people have the big toe shorter than the second toe ("S"). This is sometimes said to controlled by one gene with two alleles, with the allele for S dominant to the allele for L. There is no good evidence for this myth; the small number of studies of toe length give contradictory results.
Conclusion

Whether the big toe is longer or shorter than the second toe is influenced by genetics, but it may be determined by more than one gene, or by a combination of genetics and the environment. You should not use toe length to demonstrate basic genetics.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:41 pm

FUCK THE FUCK OFF I SWEAR TO GOD THE NEXT FUCKING TOE POSTER WILL BE PERSONALLY HUNTED DOWN AND I WILL KICK YOUR FUCKING PUPPY YOU FUCKING UNCOUTH MOTHER FUCKERS

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Toe you won't.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Wayment.

My bad. Looking again.

Actually, my big toe is much longer than the other toes. Do other people have different toes??? Eww.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Image

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE DNA TESTS OFFER THIS START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT YOUR RETARDED CAVEMAN TOES THIS THREAD IS FOR DISCUSSING BOOKS YOU GOD DAMN MOUTH BREATHERS
No need to shout Nuke.
Some very Jewish sounding names amongst the writers of all 3 books you were talking about. Are you sure you should be reading them and not burning them? ;)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:48 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:FUCK THE FUCK OFF I SWEAR TO GOD THE NEXT FUCKING TOE POSTER WILL BE PERSONALLY HUNTED DOWN AND I WILL KICK YOUR FUCKING PUPPY YOU FUCKING UNCOUTH MOTHER FUCKERS
Ah but would your big toe or 2nd toe make contact with my puppy first? It's important.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:58 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Penner wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Delete your post
Why? Are you jealous?
No. it's off topic and nobody gives a shit about it.
For someone who has a history of derailing threads, this is....

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Montegriffo wrote:No need to shout Nuke.
Some very Jewish sounding names amongst the writers of all 3 books you were talking about. Are you sure you should be reading them and not burning them? ;)
Lol first thing I noticed too. Jews have a high verbal IQ so it's not really a surprise. Still, it interests me and I look forward to out Jewing Jews on the internet using their own tactics against them.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:06 pm

To get back on toepic here are 9 toe facts..

http://mentalfloss.com/article/20422/9- ... cool-facts

including this one
Joseph Stalin suffered from syndactyly, where multiple digits are fused together. In layman's terms, the toes (or fingers) are webbed. There's no evidence that the condition causes any problems, nor does it improve swimming ability, as might be expected. Other famous sufferers of syndactyly are Dan Aykroyd and Ashton Kutcher.
and this historic gem
Even though a missing toe won't cause significant problems, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be replaced. In fact, toe prosthetics could date back as far as 3,000 years. Explorers found a mummy in Egypt with a leather and wood contraption that is believed to be a prosthetic toe. The "Cairo Toe" dates back to between 1069 BC and 664 BC and predates the earliest known prosthetic by at least 700 years.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:27 pm

I wonder if a missing toe would interfere with your running stride and affect performance. Any book recommendations for this topic?