Books and Shiet

Penner

Re: Books and Shiet

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Penner wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
They came from Africa too. No primates in Europe.
They lived there long before we came into Europe though. Scientists now think that we got everything from red hair, light skin, to a sup-up immunity (along with being easier to be addicted to things) from them.
I'm interested by this Neanderthal cross breeding story but it seems hard to prove much and there is a lot of speculation going on amongst the scientists.
Nuke's new post brought me back- but you can always get one of those DNA tests. They test to see how much Neanderthal you are as well as your ethnic/racial ancestry.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Delete your post

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:16 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Delete your post
Why? Are you jealous?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Penner wrote: Nuke's new post brought me back- but you can always get one of those DNA tests. They test to see how much Neanderthal you are as well as your ethnic/racial ancestry.
Something I heard once was that having a second toe which is longer than your big toe is a sign you have some Neanderthal in your blood. No idea if it is true, doesn't sound very scientific.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Penner wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Delete your post
Why? Are you jealous?
No. it's off topic and nobody gives a shit about it.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Huh, just found this on "Mortons toe"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Anthropology/c ... g_toe_and/
Neanderthals had it (according to the late Stan Gooch):

All Neanderthal fossil feet and fossil footprints have the big toe shorter than the second toe. All Cro-Magnon fossil feet and fossil footprints show the big toe longer than the second toe.
However Wiki says
Morton's toe, especially the second-toe-is-longer versions, has a long association with disputed anthropological and ethnic interpretations. Morton called it Metatarsus atavicus, considering it an atavism recalling prehuman grasping toes. In statuary and shoe fitting, a more-protuberant second toe has been called the Greek foot (as opposed to the Egyptian foot, where the great toe is longer). It was an idealized form in Greek sculpture, and this persisted as an aesthetic standard through Roman and Renaissance periods and later (the Statue of Liberty has toes of this proportion). There are also associations found within Celtic groups. The French call it commonly pied grec (just as the Italians call it piede greco), but sometimes pied ancestral or pied de Néanderthal.[12]
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:29 pm

Everyone's looking at their toes now.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Penner wrote: Nuke's new post brought me back- but you can always get one of those DNA tests. They test to see how much Neanderthal you are as well as your ethnic/racial ancestry.
Something I heard once was that having a second toe which is longer than your big toe is a sign you have some Neanderthal in your blood. No idea if it is true, doesn't sound very scientific.
No, no, that's accurate.

Your second toe isn't longer? ???

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Mine is.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:36 pm

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE DNA TESTS OFFER THIS START YOUR OWN THREAD ABOUT YOUR RETARDED CAVEMAN TOES THIS THREAD IS FOR DISCUSSING BOOKS YOU GOD DAMN MOUTH BREATHERS