Books and Shiet

Fife

Re: Books and Shiet

Post by Fife » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Something about the cold climate turned our skin white. Embrace your heritage.
Mutant honkey.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:59 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Just buy some decent insulation and panel your walls. You must be suffering from condensation even if it's not that cold.
Yeah the condensation was getting out of hand. Still thinking on how to deal with that properly. But this is the book thread so I'm just going to go on record and state J.R.R. Tolkien is hands down my favorite author. I actually liked The Silmilrian the best out of all of them and if anyone wants to buy me a Christmas present well there's your hint.
Ha, you are the only other person I know who has read the Silmarillion. What a great book even if a bit difficult to keep up with all the names and places.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:03 pm

Read it a couple times. Kept me company when I was sent to in school suspension for a few years. The names did make it very hard and it doesn't help I'm terrible with them. Still, that's the only thing that's ever given me a feeling of lost sadness on paper.

My favorite hero was Turin Turumbar. Galadrial a close second.

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Something about the cold climate turned our skin white. Embrace your heritage.
The lack of sunlight did it.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Penner wrote:
also applicable.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:14 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Penner wrote:
also applicable.

Mating with Neanderthals also probably did it as well.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Penner wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Penner wrote:
also applicable.

They came from Africa too. No primates in Europe.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:25 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Penner wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
also applicable.

They lived there long before we came into Europe though. Scientists now think that we got everything from red hair, light skin, to a sup-up immunity (along with being easier to be addicted to things) from them.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:47 am

Penner wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Penner wrote:

They lived there long before we came into Europe though. Scientists now think that we got everything from red hair, light skin, to a sup-up immunity (along with being easier to be addicted to things) from them.
I'm interested by this Neanderthal cross breeding story but it seems hard to prove much and there is a lot of speculation going on amongst the scientists.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Deo sent me a Christmas present. Thanks Deo! Soon I will be an mental übermensch keyboard warrior super soldier. :P

After I read and apply this knowledge I will follow up with this gem from the dumpster behind the used book store and become the next Hitler for my van reich.