Books and Shiet

TheReal_ND

Re: Books and Shiet

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:32 am

Check out all these books and shiet some dumb faggot threw away. More insulation for me sucker

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:10 am

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:02 pm

If anyone is interested in HP Lovecraft stories then here are some audiobooks translated to youtube:

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:29 am

In a dusty German bookshop, the noted historian Joel F. Harrington stumbled upon a remarkable document: the journal of a sixteenth-century executioner. The journal gave an account of the 394 people Meister Frantz Schmidt executed, and the hundreds more he tortured, flogged, or disfigured for more than forty-five years in the city of Nuremberg. But the portrait of Schmidt that gradually emerged was not that of a monster. Could a man who practiced such cruelty also be insightful, compassionate―even progressive?

In The Faithful Executioner, Harrington teases out the hidden meanings and drama of Schmidt's journal. Deemed an official outcast, Meister Frantz sought to prove himself worthy of honor and free his children from the stigma of his profession. Harrington uncovers details of Schmidt's life and work: the shocking, but often familiar, crimes of the day; the medical practice that he felt was his true calling; and his lifelong struggle to reconcile his craft with his religious faith.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:29 pm

de officiis wrote:Image
In a dusty German bookshop, the noted historian Joel F. Harrington stumbled upon a remarkable document: the journal of a sixteenth-century executioner. The journal gave an account of the 394 people Meister Frantz Schmidt executed, and the hundreds more he tortured, flogged, or disfigured for more than forty-five years in the city of Nuremberg. But the portrait of Schmidt that gradually emerged was not that of a monster. Could a man who practiced such cruelty also be insightful, compassionate―even progressive?

In The Faithful Executioner, Harrington teases out the hidden meanings and drama of Schmidt's journal. Deemed an official outcast, Meister Frantz sought to prove himself worthy of honor and free his children from the stigma of his profession. Harrington uncovers details of Schmidt's life and work: the shocking, but often familiar, crimes of the day; the medical practice that he felt was his true calling; and his lifelong struggle to reconcile his craft with his religious faith.
going on the list.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:46 pm

The state is always right.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:12 am

TheReal_ND wrote:https://www.amazon.com/dp/0486409163/?t ... verfl08-20
Mathematics: Its Content, Methods and Meaning by Kolmogorov et al. This is a readable summary by the top Soviet mathematicians, and as the Soviets had no copyright it is incredibly inexpensive. If you have mastered this, you are pretty well prepared for anything.
No idea how true this is but I've been meaning to learn some maths for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... VRMYO3t5Yr

Check this out.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:22 am

A great book for reviving childhood memories.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:13 am

BAKE MY CAKE BITCH

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/270476/#respond INDEPENDENT BOOKSELLER: I don’t like selling Hillbilly Elegy because it’s basically like Mein Kampf. From the comments: “And this is why people prefer Amazon. Great prices, awesome delivery, no judgment. No hectoring. No bullying. No preaching. Clickity-click, and I’ve purchased what I want.”

Have we discussed Hillbilly Elegy here yet? Not bad. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0166ISAS8/