Hey Martin

Haumana

Hey Martin

Post by Haumana » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:14 pm

I am creating this thread because why not ask the wysest man in the universe some questions.

Do you still have white knuckle moments? If yes, which I am sure you do, please elaborate and what is your anchor. To clarify by white knuckle moment is, that point in the ride where you grip onto whatever is your base so tightly that your knuckles turn white from lack of blood flow.

Martin Hash

Re: Hey Martin

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:55 pm

As you describe it, no, I don’t have “white knuckle moments;” anything that requires that much force is unsustainable. What I use is something I call “siege mentality,” where I hunker down, letting the missiles fly overhead, working feverishly as always on the things I was already doing. In fact, the biggest weakness people who know me say is that I keep going on things that have no payback, opportunity costs. I’m satisfied though and that’s all that matters.

This strategy requires a liberty-based ideology, where I’m beholden to no one just because they’re alive, as in the “from each according to their ability, to each according to their need” tenet of egalitarianism. It means I get called “selfish” and “narcissistic” by those who are resentful or want something from me. Siege mentality requires dedication & strength of character. My experience is that everything threatening me eventually goes away on its own; I just have to be patient & confident. However, it’s lonely in the trench.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:54 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:55 pm
As you describe it, no, I don’t have “white knuckle moments;” anything that requires that much force is unsustainable. What I use is something I call “siege mentality,” where I hunker down, letting the missiles fly overhead, working feverishly as always on the things I was already doing. In fact, the biggest weakness people who know me say is that I keep going on things that have no payback. I’m satisfied though and that’s all that matters.

This strategy requires a liberty-based ideology, where I’m beholden to no one just because they’re alive, as in the “from each according to their ability, to each according to their need” tenet of egalitarianism. It means I get called “selfish” and “narcissistic” by those who are resentful or want something from me. Siege mentality requires dedication & strength of character. My experience is that everything threatening me eventually goes away on its own; I just have to be patient & confident. However, it’s lonely in the trench.
Interesting. I too have that same mentality but I don't have the resources that you have. I still need to forage and gather but I am in a place where I can do so mostly on my own terms. I do have those moments of "what if" that cause me to pause and white knuckle because the cycle must continue. They are far and fewer between but it is a reality in my current existence.

Siege Mentality now gives me a name to a thing. Thanks.

*edit What is your anchor point?

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:16 pm

Have you done Ayahuasca ?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:34 am

Haumana wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:54 pm
do have those moments of "what if" that cause me to pause and white knuckle because the cycle must continue. They are far and fewer between but it is a reality in my current existence.

Now I understand: “white knuckle” is the panic when you wake up at night doubting yourself. Yeah I have that occasionally too. It’s rare and sporadic; I think it’s a chemical imbalance in the brain readjusting itself. It doesn’t last long so it’s easy to wait out. Naive optimism is the prophylactic.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:45 am

Haumana wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:16 pm
No. Scott Adams thinks psychoactives are the secret for curing depression but he’s a hypochondriac and too enamored with his own intellect. I would like to try LSD sometime just for the experience.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:31 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:34 am
Haumana wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:54 pm
do have those moments of "what if" that cause me to pause and white knuckle because the cycle must continue. They are far and fewer between but it is a reality in my current existence.

Now I understand: “white knuckle” is the panic when you wake up at night doubting yourself. Yeah I have that occasionally too. It’s rare and sporadic; I think it’s a chemical imbalance in the brain readjusting itself. It doesn’t last long so it’s easy to wait out. Naive optimism is the prophylactic.
Yeah, that is what I was asking about. I get that it doesn't last long. I was more curious about your anchor point, which I think that you answered. HAHA! All out of naive. Young, dumb and full of cum is not me anymore. :D :D

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:35 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:45 am
Haumana wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:16 pm
No. Scott Adams thinks psychoactives are the secret for curing depression but he’s a hypochondriac and too enamored with his own intellect. I would like to try LSD sometime just for the experience.
It was just a random question with all of your traipsing through South America. Scott Adams is no beacon. He was single serve. One hitter quitter. Not unlike the 538 guy.

I have done mushrooms twice which were squandered on my youth. But I am down for a major psychedelic experience.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:29 am

I have mushrooms occasionally but alcohol works better.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:32 am

Haumana wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:31 am
HAHA! All out of naive. Young, dumb and full of cum is not me anymore. :D :D
Me neither but I had so much that even a 90% reduction is still keeping me somewhat protected.