2024 Elections - Let's get Ready to Rumble!

Martin Hash

Re: 2024 Elections - Let's get Ready to Rumble!

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:34 am

Loopholes? It’s a mathematical certainty that this will happen unless redistribution occurs.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:50 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:34 am
Loopholes? It’s a mathematical certainty that this will happen unless redistribution occurs.
You know better than anyone how wealth management works. It’s not sitting in big savings accounts. And forced selling of stocks/ownership won’t happen, because the wealthy would have it all stashed offshore or in trusts. You want the government raiding business records every time someone dies, and seizing artwork from the children?

But let’s say that you did manage to seize 80-90% of Dead Guys assets. Now what? The government owns 90% of Fox News or Disney? How do you think that gets ‘distributed’?

Or, let’s say they just seized his cash/liquid assets with a magic wand. How much of that even leaves the government’s hands? 30%? Less? Or do they just keep it and ‘lose track of the inventory’ somewhere, like every time a treasure Hunter finds a pile of gold?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:52 am

If a mega rich person wants his estate redistributed the way he wants then those same accountants/attorneys/bankers will do it BEFORE he dies.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:56 am

Trusts don’t prevent redistribution. Musk chooses to be a U.S. citizen even though there are countries with more favorable tax laws.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:22 am

So then the entire scheme leaves people guesstimating how much they can survive on vs how long they’ll live, and handing everything off in advance.

What happens when a rich guy dies unexpectedly?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:09 pm

Why didn’t you ask, “Why does it make any difference?”

Because Gift taxes haven’t changed; you can’t continue your dynasty by giving it to your kids while you’re alive. Gift taxes and Death taxes used to be similar so doing it before (to retire) or after made no difference. BUT Bush Jr. changed it so that dead people’s money is special.

If someone dies unexpectedly, the attorneys could have prepared “gifts” following Gift tax rules that would go into effect before the estate was taken.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:45 am
Speaking of Obamacare...

Now that I'm on Medicare, it's exactly like Obamacare. I used to be against the slogan "Medicare for All," but now I'm mostly onboard, maybe entirely? I'd need to hear the arguments against it? (Remember, Obamacare already has all the low-income expense. It would be the expense of including the lower Middle Class. Upper Middle Class & the Rich don't figure into the equation.)
My family while on unemployment was on Medicare... know what, it was shit. No one in the state took what the government offered. I would had to have not only gone out of state, but out of pocket to get anything "covered".
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:19 pm

It’s the giant insurance companies, not the government, who provide Medicare -just like the private market.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:25 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:19 pm
It’s the giant insurance companies, not the government, who provide Medicare -just like the private market.
The one thing I have to give credit to Romney for was that he kicked out all of the insurance companies out of Mass, and said you either supply health insurance, and not emergency service, or GTFO... He also put a limiter on the costs and the increases that can happen year over year...

What the government has allowed to happen is a fucking shitshow that has gotten out of control. No one wants to pay for a service that does nothing. I may as well put my money into a dumpster and set it ablaze.
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:30 pm

“Medicare For All” implies you would be paying the same monthly premium as Medicare: ~$170/month.