2022 Hall of Fame Ballot

clubgop

2022 Hall of Fame Ballot

Post by clubgop » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:40 pm

Curt Schilling- Not the longevity of his contemporaries Glavine or Maddux but his clutch performance is proven time and again in undeniable fashion. If there is one game that is a must win and I have to choose between Gregg Maddux and Curt Schilling, Curt Schilling gets the ball every time. Hell Curt Schilling may get the ball in those circumstances with the choice of any pitcher of any era.

Jeff Kent- Unprecedented, unmatched power from a second baseman. Most HRs among all 2B. If you think Ryne Sandberg is a HOFer than Kent must be as well.

Barry Bonds- This is the Hall of Fame not the Hall of People I Want My Kids to Be Like. He was never formally caught and those Hits count, all of them. You can’t unring all those bells.

Roger Clemens- See Barry Bonds

Manny Ramirez- Could pass this off like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, but he was caught, twice, still those numbers are there and when you watched him play, you knew it was genuine that hitting came naturally to him. It was a sixth sense for him.

Alex Rodriguez- See Manny Ramirez

Omar Vizquel- Gonna have to face it, I’m addicted to glove. This player won a golden glove at age 39 at shortstop. One of the best fielding shortstops to ever play the game. A decent consistent bat, but an absolute bulwark at the heart of a defense.

David Ortiz- Just based on his postseason exploits you could put him in the HOF. Every late inning at bat was a huge moment.

8 names this year might get tighter in future years.

Martin Hash

Re: 2022 Hall of Fame Ballot

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:04 pm

Nice roundup.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change