Vote for No Insider Trading

The Conservative

Re: Vote for No Insider Trading

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:35 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:24 am
The fact that there’s clear illegal insider trading but no penalties means Elites are above the law so nothing can be done.
We already knew that though.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:45 pm

Dr. Fouchi’s financial records “publicly avaliable” my ass.

Wonder what he has to hide...

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... Disclosure
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:35 pm

I don't know where else ot put this.

Why are so many Democrats leaving Congress, now at 29. The linked article 1/13/22 had it at 26. They claim because the Dems know they are going to get trounced and because Biden is so damn unpopular. I'm not sure that's the full story. I wonder if there is more.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kb49q/ ... e-retiring
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:52 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:35 pm
I don't know where else ot put this.

Why are so many Democrats leaving Congress, now at 29. The linked article 1/13/22 had it at 26. They claim because the Dems know they are going to get trounced and because Biden is so damn unpopular. I'm not sure that's the full story. I wonder if there is more.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kb49q/ ... e-retiring
Toxic work environment, they made their money now they can retire without ever worrying about working again if they want to... they leave before the deck of cards falls flat on them and they get dragged through the mud... Biden... Pelosi, AOC... there are dozens of reasons, pick one and you are probably right.
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:25 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:15 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:12 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 am

To put into a "blind trust"... I've heard those terms before... how blind can the trust be when everyone is connected?
Trustor can have no contact with trustee.
In DC really? Everyone knows everyone... that was part of the problem with some lawsuits I thought in the past. Anyone on K street knows everyone else... and everyone is tied into someone somehow, it's worse than 5 degrees of Kevin Bacon...
No matter what you do there will cutouts and workarounds. Blind trust is the best you can do to get rid of the blatant stuff. Insider trading for prosecution is hard to prove a blind trust lowers that threshold.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:38 am

clubgop wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:25 am
The Conservative wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:12 am

Trustor can have no contact with trustee.
In DC really? Everyone knows everyone... that was part of the problem with some lawsuits I thought in the past. Anyone on K street knows everyone else... and everyone is tied into someone somehow, it's worse than 5 degrees of Kevin Bacon...
No matter what you do there will cutouts and workarounds. Blind trust is the best you can do to get rid of the blatant stuff. Insider trading for prosecution is hard to prove a blind trust lowers that threshold.
If it's the best we can do, then we need to think something else up. I trust the government as far as I can throw a donkey without getting kicked...
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:12 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:38 am
clubgop wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

If it's the best we can do, then we need to think something else up. I trust the government as far as I can throw a donkey without getting kicked...
If you don’t trust the government why do you want to give them more power to unequally enforce this?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:17 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:12 pm
The Conservative wrote:
clubgop wrote:

If you don’t trust the government why do you want to give them more power to unequally enforce this?
I live in fucking Mass... my voice is unheard period.

I never said give the government power to enforce this, I said that there should be a way in where the laws already on the books can be enforced. If a blind trust is a best-case scenario, we need a new variant for politicians. Call it a Glass Trust, all money used to sell and trade, all transfer and donation interactions are open to public view without the requirement of a request.
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:07 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:17 pm
clubgop wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

I never said give the government power to enforce this, I said that there should be a way in where the laws already on the books can be enforced. If a blind trust is a best-case scenario, we need a new variant for politicians. Call it a Glass Trust, all money used to sell and trade, all transfer and donation interactions are open to public view without the requirement of a request.
No thanks. And also not going to happen these are the type of laws Congress exempts themselves not pass to rule themselves.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:27 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:07 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:17 pm
clubgop wrote:

No thanks. And also not going to happen these are the type of laws Congress exempts themselves not pass to rule themselves.
If you don't want to know if they are taking advantage of their station or not, and someone provides a suggestion, in where you shut it down cold, without providing a counter. It's time for you to STFU.

I'm not here to tolerate “that won't work so I'm right” mentality. Prove to me your worth my time. Because right now if all you are going to be is an antagonist, I got better things to do than to amuse your ego.
#NotOneRedCent