No, stick to you morals
100%
Yes, take the jab dummy!
No votes

Total votes: 6

SilverEagle

Morals vs Opportunity

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:19 am

Well…..I want your guy’s input on my situation.
Right now I’m working from home and my company just announced that you have to be fully vaccinated to return to the office. That being said I’m in line for a big promotion that would require me to be in the office. Right now I make 104k a year living in rural Ohio. The job that I’m slated for, if I want it, would pay around 210k. Do I stick to my moral stance or do I get the jab? I’m leaning towards sticking to my morals but this is a hard decision. I’m going to put a poll up but I would love to hear your point of view.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

C-Mag

Re: Morals vs Opportunity

Post by C-Mag » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:31 am

That's a tough decision, and you're not alone in having to make that decision.
I won't vote in a poll or anywhere else to tell someone to get the jab. I don't know if it's as bad for you as the 'It's population control' crowd, but I know it's not to be trusted because of the methods they are using to push it......... and the little fact that it clearly doesn't work as advertised.

For the time I've been spared that decision. My doctor has documented that I should not get the jab as it is hazardous to me. Turns out doctors really pay attention when you have previous vaccine reactions on your military records and are a Gulf War Vet. My boss said that they likely aren't going to push it anymore. That damn Gulf War Vet stuff is like a glaring beacon in your medical records. So for now, I'm spared. But they can change their mind. Personally I've decided I'm not going to get it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:34 am

Don’t do anything until you get the promotion…
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:41 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:34 am
Don’t do anything until you get the promotion…
Oh I agree completely with that!

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:47 am

I voted stick to your morals, but if you do end up getting it I would recommend the J&J. For one it is only a single shot, and it is a more proven vaccinate type (not mRNA). From what I have seen, most of the more serious side effects in men come from the mRNA vaccines while the J&J one only is associated with a slight increase in blood clots for women of birthing age. This data is very incomplete, as usually they all just get lumped together, so it is hard to know, but what little I have been able to find this seems to be the case.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:07 am

Liberty is reaping the rewards or suffering the consequences of your own decisions. The reason for not getting vaxxed is to rebel against the intrusion on liberty: that has some intrinsic value but probably not the extrinsic value of $100K/yr. The real coup would be to get the promotion while blowing smoke up their ass about the vaxx. My recommendation is to hang on until SCOTUS then after you get the promotion, threaten a lawsuit then sue them anyway if you’re forced to get the vaxx with $25K of that new money, or maybe use the $25K to promote a Class Action.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:04 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:07 am
Liberty is reaping the rewards or suffering the consequences of your own decisions. The reason for not getting vaxxed is to rebel against the intrusion on liberty: that has some intrinsic value but probably not the extrinsic value of $100K/yr. The real coup would be to get the promotion while blowing smoke up their ass about the vaxx. My recommendation is to hang on until SCOTUS then after you get the promotion, threaten a lawsuit then sue them anyway if you’re forced to get the vaxx with $25K of that new money, or maybe use the $25K to promote a Class Action.
I like that line of thought. However my stupid company is requiring people to scan in their vax cards as proof.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:14 am

WTF?

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:45 am

Everyone needs to evaluate their own situation and determine their own best course of action.

I got the COVID shot (it's not a vaccine) early this year. I did decide to get the booster recently. My reasoning is that I'm compromised having diabetes and my personal calculations led to me to that decision.

I only wear a mask when required, but I avoid places that require it as much as possible. I will not voluntarily shop at a place I know requires masks.

I also stand with those oppose any mandates. If it comes to choosing a side, I will choose liberty for myself and those around me over forced compliance.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:46 am

That's a sticky wicket. My main concern would be the ever moving goalpost of what it means to be vaxxed. Right now they are saying 3 shots is vaxxed but that is clearly subject to change. Once you get on that treadmill what would be your number that would have you get off ? Can you just keep the 100k job and stay home? If so, that would be my choice because fuck their bullshit shot and who needs office politics anyway.