Healthcare is expensive because....

The Conservative

Healthcare is expensive because....

Post by The Conservative » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:04 pm

Well, it's simple, we always knew that hospitals overcharge for everything... now at least in CA we have proof... I can't imagine any other state doesn't do the same thing.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/ ... ng-markups

Ridiculous, seemingly arbitrary price markups are a defining characteristic of the $4-trillion U.S. healthcare system — and a key reason Americans pay more for treatment than anyone else in the world.

But to see price hikes of as much as 675% being imposed in real time, automatically, by a hospital’s computer system still takes your breath away.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Re: Healthcare is expensive because....

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:52 am

Healthcare is expensive because it is mandated and subsidized by the Filthy Collectivists in charge.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:39 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:52 am
Healthcare is expensive because it is mandated and subsidized by the Filthy Collectivists in charge.
Even if it is mandatory, we should have rules in place that do not allow such extravagant or massive increases to be allowed if they accept government grants/loans.

Mass had that ability until ObamaCare came out, I paid $120 a month for my health insurance and I had a platinum plan... now I pay $1700 a month. And that is the "Silver plan"...
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:55 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:39 am
C-Mag wrote:
Even if it is mandatory, we should have rules in place that do not allow such extravagant or massive increases to be allowed if they accept government grants/loans.

Mass had that ability until ObamaCare came out, I paid $120 a month for my health insurance and I had a platinum plan... now I pay $1700 a month. And that is the "Silver plan"...

These are the lies of Filthy Collectivists.
They sell you a wonderful package, and before you know, you are getting no value out the thing they sold you.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:58 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:55 am
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:39 am
C-Mag wrote:

They sell you a wonderful package, and before you know, you are getting no value out the thing they sold you.
The problem was that "Romney Care" worked... Obama Care never did.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:12 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:58 am
C-Mag wrote:

I refuse to believe that Government Healthcare is the answer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the costs rose dramatically under Romney care as well.

Why the hell don't we smash insurance monopolies and allow free competition, Congress gave the damn medical industry monopoly anti-trust exemptions. We've tried the fuck out of government healthcare and it's left just about everyone but the freeloaders at the top and bottom pissed off.

Can't we give the free market a try ?
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:24 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:12 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:58 am
C-Mag wrote:

I refuse to believe that Government Healthcare is the answer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the costs rose dramatically under Romney care as well.

Why the hell don't we smash insurance monopolies and allow free competition, Congress gave the damn medical industry monopoly anti-trust exemptions. We've tried the fuck out of government healthcare and it's left just about everyone but the freeloaders at the top and bottom pissed off.

Can't we give the free market a try ?
Romney Care was what Obama Care was toted to be... it was 100% free market, but it was under the control of how high it could charge people of Mass. When we had insurance we were put under one "Mass Plan" through the insurance company, so 3 million people had one BlueCross Blue Shield plan.

The state of Mass a while back kicked out all of the insurance companies out of the state for giving sub-par insurance or insurance that was "Emergency Only" Insurance but given at premium prices. It was only after agreeing to go back and re-work evertything for the betterment of the people were they allowed back in. We also had it where the hospitals could not excessivly increase prices on costs either... which kept down the cost of everything...

Some insurnace companies today still can't get in Mass...

So while other parts of the country were seeing 5% increases, we saw 3 to 1% on average. We were 15% under the national average for cost... now... not so much...

As I said when Obama Carecame out, the costs are going to go through the roof because there was no "cost clause" Seems like I was right.
#NotOneRedCent

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:31 pm

Half measures never workout, and that is what Obamacare is. The problem with using insurance to pay for general healthcare is that is obscures the prices. Without being able to see the actual cost normal market forces cannot act. There are only two ways to bring down the cost of healthcare, abolish insurance for anything except emergencies (i.e. how insurance works for everything else), or go to a fully governmental system. Option 1 allows market forces to work to lower the price. Option 2 allows the government, as the only healthcare customer, to dictate costs to health providers (effectively unionization). Anything in-between, and you give all the power to the insurance companies and health care providers. Healthcare is like energy, it is a requirement, people will pay whatever the cost. When that is the case you either have to go full free market or heavily regulated monopoly.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:51 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:31 pm
Half measures never workout, and that is what Obamacare is. The problem with using insurance to pay for general healthcare is that is obscures the prices. Without being able to see the actual cost normal market forces cannot act. There are only two ways to bring down the cost of healthcare, abolish insurance for anything except emergencies (i.e. how insurance works for everything else), or go to a fully governmental system. Option 1 allows market forces to work to lower the price. Option 2 allows the government, as the only healthcare customer, to dictate costs to health providers (effectively unionization). Anything in-between, and you give all the power to the insurance companies and health care providers. Healthcare is like energy, it is a requirement, people will pay whatever the cost. When that is the case you either have to go full free market or heavily regulated monopoly.
This is where most people are missing the point...There is a third option.

Allow the open market to provide insurance to the people, but if you want to control the cost, you don't go looking at the cost of insurance without looking at the reason behind the cost. This is because of the health care providers. When they are allowed to push 500% profit on top of actual services, we need to ask, who really is at fault here?

If you don't get state or federal demands that entities can't charge more than a specific percentage to make a "justified profit" (IE: Paying employees, keeping a roof over your head, paying bills, and making enough for retirement) then so be it. But there is no justification of increasing 200 to 500%... not when they have a rotation of people walking in and out of hospitals at a rate that would make whore houses blush...

The cost on insurance was never the problem it was the fact that now it's backed by the government and those charging insurance understand that the bill will always be paid... so why worry about costs?

The reason Romney Care worked is there was a limitation of percentage over actual cost that the state was willing to cover. So that meant that the percentage would have to be covered elsewhere, and the people were not going to tollerate that... so, in turn the cost dropped and everyone was "happy"....
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Here's my smart ass reply to all of this socialized health care bullshit.......

Real Communism just hasn't been tried yet.
PLATA O PLOMO