Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

The Conservative

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:57 am

Here is the thing, people tend to forget their history or at least their recent past...

This is very close to what we were seeing with Carter and some of Nixon... labor shortages, product shortages, gas lines, etc...The real difference between then and now is that we are importing the majority of our stuff, so we are seeing it at a greater rate than we would otherwise. If we had the infrastructure in place (as I have been insisting the US gets back to making its own shit instead of importing it) this would be all about gas prices and the cost of things increasing because it cost more to move it across the country, instead of waiting for them in port to arrive.

Honestly, if we listened to people like me almost a decade ago, I am not sure we would be seeing a good chunk of the problems we have now... we would probably have a pretty solid blue-collar class instead of a fat tech class that can't change a fucking tire...
#NotOneRedCent

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:14 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:57 am
Here is the thing, people tend to forget their history or at least their recent past...

This is very close to what we were seeing with Carter and some of Nixon... labor shortages, product shortages, gas lines, etc...The real difference between then and now is that we are importing the majority of our stuff, so we are seeing it at a greater rate than we would otherwise. If we had the infrastructure in place (as I have been insisting the US gets back to making its own shit instead of importing it) this would be all about gas prices and the cost of things increasing because it cost more to move it across the country, instead of waiting for them in port to arrive.

Honestly, if we listened to people like me almost a decade ago, I am not sure we would be seeing a good chunk of the problems we have now... we would probably have a pretty solid blue-collar class instead of a fat tech class that can't change a fucking tire...
The shortages are less about waiting for it to arrive at the ports, and more to do with throughput at the ports. The ports are not able to keep up for various reasons.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:31 am

Lack of truck drivers due to the vaxx
100% increase in volume in 10 years
Lack of dock workers due to union requirements & mass retirement
Increasing ineptitude of everything
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:51 am

TheOneX wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:14 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:57 am

The shortages are less about waiting for it to arrive at the ports, and more to do with throughput at the ports. The ports are not able to keep up for various reasons.
https://www.businessinsider.com/shippin ... 021-9?op=1

The delay at the ports no matter what is going on is going to be an issue, we already had a reduction due to COVID, now they are shooting themselves in the foot by forcing the COVID shot, and reducing the workforce even less.

Again, if we produced in-house and didn't demand so much from China by importing shit we could build ourselves, we would see a massive difference in an environment because blue-collar workers do not take shit... it's the pussies that are stuck behind a desk that demand comfort. Unions, blue-collar, etc... the ones that work with their hands, if we had these people working in infrastructure, in production... we would see a slowdown, but we would not be seeing the bullshit we see today.

I've worked blue-collar union jobs before, loved it. The people had to picket for the DNC because we live in Mass, but 90% of them were all for the Republican candidates. They didn't take the blue pill for all intended purposes, they fought for what they wanted, but we lost because of the majority leftists here... If we brought the blue-collar workforce back again, I can guarantee you, shit like what we are seeing today would not happen. We'd find a way to circumvent this bullshit and make it work.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:12 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:24 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:45 pm
SilverEagle wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:01 pm
I’ve noticed random things being out of stock here and there. Nothing major, things are usually back in stock in a day. The thing that is concerning is that it’s happening more and more.
Exactly. What we are seeing in both labor and supply shortages is nothing I have ever encountered before. Not like this in terms of the duration and breadth.
You weren't alive during the 70's?
There were labor shortages in the 70s?

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:18 am

Blue collar unions are not the paradise you make them out to be. I've worked with them in manufacturing. Many of those union workers intentional slow their pace to insure they don't run out of work or overtime. They also frequently refuse to go above and beyond anything that isn't written in the contract by the union. Ask them to help out at another station while they are slow? Nope, can't work anything but this specific machine, not even for tasks like cleaning up or stocking shelves. they will sit at their machine browsing their phone for hours (while getting paid) and the union will back them on it.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:45 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:12 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:24 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:45 pm

Exactly. What we are seeing in both labor and supply shortages is nothing I have ever encountered before. Not like this in terms of the duration and breadth.
You weren't alive during the 70's?
There were labor shortages in the 70s?
When you couldn't get gas... It compounded.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:46 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:18 am
Blue collar unions are not the paradise you make them out to be. I've worked with them in manufacturing. Many of those union workers intentional slow their pace to insure they don't run out of work or overtime. They also frequently refuse to go above and beyond anything that isn't written in the contract by the union. Ask them to help out at another station while they are slow? Nope, can't work anything but this specific machine, not even for tasks like cleaning up or stocking shelves. they will sit at their machine browsing their phone for hours (while getting paid) and the union will back them on it.
Where did I say blue-collar workers are the problem?
#NotOneRedCent

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:23 pm

So local grocery store seems the most full I've seen in a while, except for one thing, milk. There is almost no milk available.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:31 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:23 pm
So local grocery store seems the most full I've seen in a while, except for one thing, milk. There is almost no milk available.
The one we went to today was packed with both people & merchandise but no cream cheese.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change