Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:22 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:14 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:39 pm
What the hell does this mean?

Screenshot 2022-03-14 003817.png
Flakey Start-up but you’re young.
That wasn't for a startup... and I'm not that young... "Equity" as far as I know should not be in any job description period.
Then move on already.

The Conservative

Re: Beyond Woke

Post by The Conservative » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:25 am

Haumana wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:24 am
The Conservative wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:14 pm

Flakey Start-up but you’re young.
That wasn't for a startup... and I'm not that young... "Equity" as far as I know should not be in any job description period.
Then move on already.
I already did, but you are missing the point. This mindset is infecting new deployment.
#NotOneRedCent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:30 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:25 am
Haumana wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Then move on already.
I already did, but you are missing the point. This mindset is infecting new deployment.
I ain't missing shit. Deployment, like you are going to war?

"The Conservative wrote: ↑Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:39 pm
What the hell does this mean?"

Then you were lying because you knew exactly what that ad meant. You just wanted some sort of commiseration or validation ?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:32 am

Haumana wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:30 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:25 am
Haumana wrote:

Then move on already.
I ain't missing shit. Deployment, like you are going to war?

"The Conservative wrote: ↑Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:39 pm
What the hell does this mean?"

Then you were lying because you knew exactly what that ad meant. You just wanted some sort of commiseration or validation ?
No, I wanted to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong... because it couldn't be that blatant on a professional site. Or at least I was hoping it wasn't.
#NotOneRedCent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:33 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:32 am
No, I wanted to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong... because it couldn't be that blatant on a professional site. Or at least I was hoping it wasn't.
That's what your wife is for. That ad didn't look so professional to me. It looked like some Nigerian millionaire wrote it.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:40 am

Haumana wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:33 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:32 am
That's what your wife is for. That ad didn't look so professional to me. It looked like some Nigerian millionaire wrote it.
That is the problem, this is an official advertisement for a position on their website. This is the educational level of HR it seems, which scares the shit out of me because if this is what happens at the professional level, the idea that getting employed based on skill may be a thing of the past.
#NotOneRedCent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:44 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:40 am

That is the problem, this is an official advertisement for a position on their website. This is the educational level of HR it seems, which scares the shit out of me because if this is what happens at the professional level, the idea that getting employed based on skill may be a thing of the past.
So do something about it. Are you lamenting on the degradation of society in general? Welcome to the club. How nice of you to finally join the rest of us here on the forum.

Holy shit.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:47 am

Haumana wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:44 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:40 am

So do something about it. Are you lamenting on the degradation of society in general? Welcome to the club. How nice of you to finally join the rest of us here on the forum.

Holy shit.
I've been looking for work for a while, and it is just it getting frustrating the more and more I see this shit. And what am I to do about it? If this is the way the market is moving now, there isn't much I can do from the outside. Protest, yeah... right, no one notices you unless you shoot someone, or burn something down.
#NotOneRedCent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:53 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:47 am

I've been looking for work for a while, and it is just it getting frustrating the more and more I see this shit. And what am I to do about it? If this is the way the market is moving now, there isn't much I can do from the outside. Protest, yeah... right, no one notices you unless you shoot someone, or burn something down.
I thought that were all set, gonna move, making 100k+ a year, dream job and only got let go a few weeks ago. Last month?

Commiseration. Yeah I get it. Sucks dude. Welcome to the club.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:59 am

Haumana wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:53 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:47 am

I thought that were all set, gonna move, making 100k+ a year, dream job and only got let go a few weeks ago. Last month?

Commiseration. Yeah I get it. Sucks dude. Welcome to the club.
That was thrown out the window in October 2021... the CEO dumped a bunch of us ceremonially, and I found out that the company didn't pay Federal Taxes, State Taxes, or Social Security. I was a W-2. (I have yet to receive my W-2 for 2021 btw)

It took me three months to get unemployment, I had to go to the AG to get it to happen. I have a lawyer and we are looking to bring the company to Superior Court. I am also in contact with the IRS, the AG, and the DOR about this company. It seems they have not had any "active" work for over 15 years in the state of Mass, although one of their largest clients has had someone here in Boston for over 20...

So... yeah, I've been unemployed and going through a lot of legal BS to just get the IRS and others off my ass.

I was in the process of getting everything ready for a move, once the housing bubble was going to pop... I was going to play the waiting game. Now all that money I had saved up is going to lawyers and rent.
#NotOneRedCent