Dark Days Ahead

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Dark Days Ahead

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:51 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:32 am
I used to like a podcast called “Skeptoid” by Brian Dunning. He was always a little smug & condescending but now he should rebrand as “Leftoid.” Pseudointellectuals are worse than none at all. Another is Sam Harris. These guys are certain they’re right b/c they think they’re smarter than everyone else.

I often wonder how they would respond to me? I suspect like many of the pseudointellectuals that used to post to this forum? There’s no objective standard people universally adhere to that identifies wisdom. I thought I’d develop one (Renaissance Myn) and was stunned when I couldn’t even get a dozen people to look at it, let alone become a standard.
There’s no objective measure of wisdom. So people assume that compliance with the educational system must be it.

You can only measure the results of a man.
-Me
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:45 am

“Results” are apparently subjective? Achievement is objective. Wisdom is measurable but people think it’s measured with money, that’s only 1 out of 32 on my scale. People don’t like objective measurements of wisdom b/c they don’t have many. They think they’re wise in their own mind even though it doesn’t show up anywhere else.

p.s. On my scale, most degrees are only worth 1. (An MD is worth 2.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:25 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:45 am
“Results” are apparently subjective? Achievement is objective. Wisdom is measurable but people think it’s measured with money, that’s only 1 out of 32 on my scale. People don’t like objective measurements of wisdom b/c they don’t have many. They think they’re wise in their own mind even though it doesn’t show up anywhere else.

I think you’re forgetting the loss of credibility in academic institutions. Degrees are practically meaningless to Gen X. They just show compliance, and mental aptitude (to some degree).

The lack of measurable achievement metrics has left a vacuum in society. We default to wealth or employment, because there’s no other way to know how successful a stranger is.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:10 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:25 am
Martin Hash wrote:

I think you’re forgetting the loss of credibility in academic institutions. Degrees are practically meaningless to Gen X. They just show compliance, and mental aptitude (to some degree).

The lack of measurable achievement metrics has left a vacuum in society. We default to wealth or employment, because there’s no other way to know how successful a stranger is.
That's what I did in my Renaissance Myn objectification.

I think the problem is overwhelming; no one wants to think they're average or below so anything that purports differently, an IQ test for example, is denigrated & dismissed. Just so you know, I did Renaissance Myn to set goals for myself; I don't really care what other people think except for the 1 point I count for fame, so it's not like I'm trying to impose my idea of wisdom on society, however objective I think it may be.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:25 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:10 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:25 am
Martin Hash wrote:

That's what I did in my Renaissance Myn objectification.

I think the problem is overwhelming; no one wants to think they're average or below so anything that purports differently, an IQ test for example, is denigrated & dismissed. Just so you know, I did Renaissance Myn to set goals for myself; I don't really care what other people think except for the 1 point I count for fame, so it's not like I'm trying to impose my idea of wisdom on society, however objective I think it may be.
I was referring more to the part where you felt unrecognized for your academics. That’s pretty much why.

Now if you were to tell people about the inventions that made you rich, they’ll be more impressed.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:02 pm

Inventions may be fame-worthy & monetary but they don't really contribute to wisdom except ancillarily.

Wisdom requires knowledge & experience. Degrees (doctorates only) are indicative of extensive knowledge, professional licenses are indicative of experience. Even then, that's only 12 points in Renaissance Myn. Business success is another 2, and extensive knowledge about business is proven by a CPA. There are equivalents: a Nobel prize winner certainly gets a 4 in whatever field that was in regardless of degree or license.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:18 am

If he said anything worthwhile here, he actually did a decent job on breaking down why women (single women mostly) vote Democrat.

#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:02 am

By 2030, 50% of women will be childless & alone. That’s an unbeatable demographic. Hell, FMWs are unbeatable now. Add in NeverTrumpers and there’s no reason to even try.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:33 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:02 am
By 2030, 50% of women will be childless & alone. That’s an unbeatable demographic. Hell, FMWs are unbeatable now. Add in NeverTrumpers and there’s no reason to even try.
Hard times breed hard men... if this is true, we haven't hit hard times yet.
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:44 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:33 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:02 am
Hard times breed hard men... if this is true, we haven't hit hard times yet.
Agree.