Re: Dark Days Ahead

Post by Haumana » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:43 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:20 pm
Haumana wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:36 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:45 am

People can claim to be whatever they want to be to twist and bastardize the true meaning of a political movement.

Honestly, I am unsure if there are any real capital c Conservatives in Congress right now.

The truest definition of a Conservative is someone who follows and protects the Constitution. Who will fight change to it for the wrong reasons. Who will fight to keep laws off the books that will curtail the freedoms of people and give power to the government.

A conservative believes in a small governmental footprint.

They believe that a government should be there for one a few reasons, and no more.

1. To give you a chance to succeed or fail at your dreams.

2. To not punish you for failure, but help you get on your feet if you do...

3. To help if you fall on hard times, but as an ability to get back on your feet, not as an intimate support system.

4. To protect the CITIZENS of the US from enemies from without. That includes illegals.

5. The people control the government, not the other way around.

6. Live within your means. This includes government. If you can't, then something needs to change. Taxes is not the answer, not is more government.

Now, most people, including Ted Cruz would fail these expectations.

So when someone calls themselves a Conservative, there is no way they are truly are one. If anything they are a lowercase c, not an uppercase, and that is not good enough in my eyes.
Which is the sentiment behind the original quote.
Again, don't change the meaning of the words just because someone decided to make a point.
I didn't change shit. Who is the epitome of what you are espousing? Where in every day lexicon does that exist? I can show a few "conservatives" as it is accepted by the most.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:09 pm

The Conservative wrote:

They believe that a government should be there for one a few reasons, and no more.

3. To help if you fall on hard times, but as an ability to get back on your feet, not as an intimate support system.

4. To protect the CITIZENS of the US from enemies from without. That includes illegals.

6. Live within your means. This includes government. If you can't, then something needs to change. Taxes is not the answer, not is more government.

So when someone calls themselves a Conservative, there is no way they are truly are one. If anything they are a lowercase c, not an uppercase, and that is not good enough in my eyes.
It's already been said here. Conservatives want to protect the status quo.
Conservatives are an illusion, they conserve a fucking thing. They let the radicals push their agenda forward, then change their agenda.

Conservatives are the radical libs of 10 years ago.

Here's the GOP Conservative platform from 1940 https://patriotpost.us/documents/436

“The conservatives are fools: They whine about the decay of traditional values, yet they enthusiastically support technological progress and economic growth. Apparently it never occurs to them that you can't make rapid, drastic changes in the technology and the economy of a society without causing rapid changes in all other aspects of the society as well, and that such rapid changes inevitably break down traditional values.”
― Theodore J. Kaczynski, Industrial Society and Its Future
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:10 pm

Haumana wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:03 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:40 am
I disagree with your interpretation of what conservative means, and would like to see people move away from it. Conservatives means someone who conserves the status quo. It isn't about moving towards anything, it is only about preventing change.

What you are describing is a Constitutionalist. I think it would be better to take up the mantle Constitutionalist and drop conservative.
Disagree with whom?

Have any of you noticed that there has been an uptick in voices calling for going back to the Articles of Confederation and skipping past the Constitution? Their argument is that was the real "Hay Day" of freedom.
Nope, but we don't need to go back to that. Just need to go back to a time when the commerce clause had limitations. Just about every abuse of power that comes from the federal government has its roots in the deliberate misinterpretation of the commerce clause.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:20 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:09 pm
The Conservative wrote:

It's already been said here. Conservatives want to protect the status quo.
Conservatives are an illusion, they conserve a fucking thing. They let the radicals push their agenda forward, then change their agenda.

Conservatives are the radical libs of 10 years ago.

Here's the GOP Conservative platform from 1940 https://patriotpost.us/documents/436

“The conservatives are fools: They whine about the decay of traditional values, yet they enthusiastically support technological progress and economic growth. Apparently it never occurs to them that you can't make rapid, drastic changes in the technology and the economy of a society without causing rapid changes in all other aspects of the society as well, and that such rapid changes inevitably break down traditional values.”
― Theodore J. Kaczynski, Industrial Society and Its Future
And again, I have said lowercase c conservatives want to save the status quo...

When have I ever wanted to "save the status quo?" I've said continuously we need to reduce the size of government and the control it has over people.

As I have said before, my core beliefs have never changed... it's the political parties that have changed.

I used to be a Democrat till they moved so far left that I found myself agreeing with the Republicans instead. I used to be a Liberal until the Democrats bastardized that term... and now I am a Libertarian instead of a Conservative because that is what the political parties have bastardized...

Just because the movement of the parties have changed the way things are now defined, doesn't make it right.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:32 am

Rebel News video clearly shows the teamwork between the State and antifa
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/1 ... ring-thin/
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:06 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Haumana wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:11 am
The Conservative wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:35 am

The statement is wrong on all levels.
How so?
People can claim to be whatever they want to be to twist and bastardize the true meaning of a political movement.
This meme perfectly communicates what I think of Conservatism
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:25 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:06 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Haumana wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:11 am

How so?
Then you and most people don't understand what it really is, again like the term Liberal has been hijacked by the stupid, so has the definition of conservative by most people it seems.
#NotOneRedCent

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:35 am

Conservative is a vacuous term and like many words change overtime. The real demarcation is do do you believe your lying eyes? There is a war on reality itself. We live in a world of inversions and the pysops are so strong that everything glows even the people that are supposedly fighting the glow. The best case scenario is the empire loses its grip on some regions. Those regions become soemthing else than that usa. The end.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:00 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:35 am
Conservative is a vacuous term and like many words change overtime. The real demarcation is do do you believe your lying eyes? There is a war on reality itself. We live in a world of inversions and the pysops are so strong that everything glows even the people that are supposedly fighting the glow. The best case scenario is the empire loses its grip on some regions. Those regions become soemthing else than that usa. The end.
If I believed my eyes I'd be watching shows like The View, and other blatherskite...
#NotOneRedCent

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:29 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:25 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:06 pm
The Conservative wrote:

Then you and most people don't understand what it really is, again like the term Liberal has been hijacked by the stupid, so has the definition of conservative by most people it seems.
I think you are too attached to the word conservative.