Seriously, no one is talking about the riots?

PartyOf5

Re: Seriously, no one is talking about the riots?

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:02 am

I have a perfect example of how the general public has no idea what is going on.

My wife avoids the news. What she knows she gets from people talking at work, from Facebook, and from the little pieces shes gets from me. I say little pieces because after about 2 minutes she tunes out. She has no interest in politics, though she does vote. I get it. I never cared one bit for politics until maybe 10 years ago. I keep an eye on things for the both of us.

I was telling her about the guy in Portland that got sucker kicked in the head. Showed her a couple videos. She always shrugs these off like it happened on Mars or something. Lately I've been a bit surprised at the lack of outrage or response from hearing and seeing stories like this. I think she feels that sort of thing will never happen to us, so it's not real. I'm worried because all it takes is unknowingly rolling up onto a protest where you never thought you would. All it takes is a few out of the crowd to have this violent attitude and you could be dead.

I'm not going to push it because I don't want this to turn into an issue between us. One last item, and the real reason I started this post. One of the comments in the Portland assault video mentioned Antifa. My wife asked what that was. I'm sure I've mentioned it, but she had no idea what Antifa is. There are a lot of people who have no idea what is going on in our country right now. To them all is fine other than dealing with COVID.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:52 am

Speaking of the COVID hoax...

Yesterday, I was talking with friends I've known for years. They were totally sucked into the COVID narrative, including thinking Sweden's approach was a failure. My friend got online to show me all the news articles saying Sweden was failing; he couldn't believe I was claiming ALL the news they hear is fake. I told him to look for some actual data; he came up with a graph; it was fucking perfect: in an article claiming Sweden's lack of lockdowns is a complete disaster, was incontrovertible proof that it was a complete success: the graph was of HERD IMMUNITY; Sweden's death rate is close to ZERO now. My friend is intelligent; I told him what he was looking at, and to interpret the graph himself, not read the words of some 25-year old Trump-hater. After a while, I asked him what he thought now; he just wouldn't give in but he did begrudgingly say he'd look into it further.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:13 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:52 am
Speaking of the COVID hoax...

Yesterday, I was talking with friends I've known for years. They were totally sucked into the COVID narrative, including thinking Sweden's approach was a failure. My friend got online to show me all the news articles saying Sweden was failing; he couldn't believe I was claiming ALL the news they hear is fake. I told him to look for some actual data; he came up with a graph; it was fucking perfect: in an article claiming Sweden's lack of lockdowns is a complete disaster, was incontrovertible proof that it was a complete success: the graph was of HERD IMMUNITY; Sweden's death rate is close to ZERO now. My friend is intelligent; I told him what he was looking at, and to interpret the graph himself, not read the words of some 25-year old Trump-hater. After a while, I asked him what he thought now; he just wouldn't give in but he did begrudgingly say he'd look into it further.

I no longer think most Americans deserve liberty- they’re fucking oblivious and incompetent...it just sucks they’re my neighbors...you shouldn’t have had to drag your “friends” face to the screen - he should have fucking figured it out on his own....

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:27 am

It's difficult for older people who grew up with real news to accept that now ALL the news is fake. People don't want to accept that China got us.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:30 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:27 am
It's difficult for older people who grew up with real news to accept that now ALL the news is fake. People don't want to accept that China got us.
I think it's hard for sheeple. I think people who have been forced to question everything all their life or fight against the norm aren't blindsided by bullshit.
#NotOneRedCent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:32 am

It’s time to start killing all BLM and Antifa scumbags. It’s that simple folks because if we don’t they will over run this country and the world. Plain and simple!
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:35 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:32 am
It’s time to start killing all BLM and Antifa scumbags. It’s that simple folks because if we don’t they will over run this country and the world. Plain and simple!
I was telling a guy yesterday that during the Cold War, Communism controlled HALF THE WORLD. Conservatives today, even ones alive during the Cold War, don't seem to understand how insidious & corrupting egalitarian ideas are. I blame Christianity, but Plato gets some credit too.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:42 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:35 am
SilverEagle wrote:
I was telling a guy yesterday that during the Cold War, Communism controlled HALF THE WORLD. Conservatives today, even ones alive during the Cold War, don't seem to understand how insidious & corrupting egalitarian ideas are. I blame Christianity, but Plato gets some credit too.
I don't blame Christianity. I blame people not keeping an eye on our education system from keeping it from being corrupted.
#NotOneRedCent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:50 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:42 am
Martin Hash wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
I don't blame Christianity. I blame people not keeping an eye on our education system from keeping it from being corrupted.
Yes I agree. I also believe that if these scumbags grew up in a traditional family that spanked kids when they did wrong they wouldn’t turn out to be scumbags and we would not be dealing with this shit!
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:59 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:50 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:42 am
Martin Hash wrote:

Yes I agree. I also believe that if these scumbags grew up in a traditional family that spanked kids when they did wrong they wouldn’t turn out to be scumbags and we would not be dealing with this shit!
It be a lot less likely.

Hell my son is not unaccustomed to corporal punishment when he deserves it after being an asshole.
#NotOneRedCent