Coronavirus thread

Montegriffo

Coronavirus thread

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:44 am

OK, let's try to keep this thread on point.

I've spent the afternoon trying to get an overdraft extension.
An online advisor told me that as the bank was not at fault they weren't able to help me. It's not my fault that the government shut down the pub I was working in either.
He apologised for the inconvenience I was experiencing. I pointed out that I can't eat an apology and reminded him that I had helped bail the bank out to the tune of £700 million during the banking crisis. All I'm asking for is an extension to cover my phone bill and vehicle insurance payments until I receive unemployment benefits which are running at around 5 weeks delay due to the increased demand.
I was given a number to phone to talk to a loan advisor but since I currently have no income I do not hold out much hope.
I've been on hold for about half an hour so far.
I may switch banks when this is all over, not that any other bank is likely to have been any more helpful.
I suppose I could try to get a payment holiday from Vodafone next.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:55 am

OK, I finally got through to the number provided to me by the online advisor.
I was informed that it was the wrong department and have now been patched through to another department and am on hold again.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:06 am

Didn't think I say this, but thank you Monte.

While you are on hold, here's an interesting video:

Summary:
CNN has been showing Chris Cuomo from his basement as he recovers from COVID-19. It has been stated multiple times that he has it and is isolating.

On Easter Sunday a random bicyclist came upon Chris and his family hanging out together at the site of the Cuomo's future home. So he's not at home, but travelling on Easter Sunday to hang out with family he's supposed to be isolating from. Not to mention he should be out travelling.

Well, maybe he's better. Except that on the 14th, two days after the sighting, he's on CNN from his basement supposedly still isolating, saying he still has a fever. Doctor say he can't leave yet since he still has symptoms.

Oh, and during the encounter, Cuomo made multiple threats to the bicyclist.

CNN is as "real" as WWE. It's scripted reality television.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:07 am

Short wait this time.
Applications for overdraft extensions are based on income so they refused to help me.
Fucking banks.
Happy enough to take the bail out payments when they are in the shit but no help at all to someone with over 20 years loyal custom when I need assistance.
Not surprising but disappointing all the same.
Fucking Scouser on the other end of the line too. I might go around and steal her hubcaps.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:48 am

coronavirus? i only drink modelo foo

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:16 am

Covid-19 has been greatly exaggerated

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:54 am

underrated virus

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:01 am

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:25 pm

So on-topic means memes and jokes about COVID? Got it now. I thought this was the thread for serious discussion and information sharing about it. Looks like we don't have one of those at MHF. I won't bother creating one based on the lack of response to the other serious thread I started today.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:42 pm

this thread wasnt even about coronavirus, OP started off the thread talking about finance