The Good News Thread

Hastur

Re: The Good News Thread

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:39 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 pm
I get credit for calling it. I specifically said “2020.” My kids give me credit, anyway. I keep telling them to be excited. They still have their lives ahead of them so they’re apprehensive. I’m looking to buy a 1963 Avanti cheap.
My kids called is as well. They said that since we had Great Plague of Marseille 1720, Cholera in the 1820s, Spanish flu around 1920 we were due for a new big pandemic. Probably this year since it's Year of the Rat. Nailed it.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:41 am

Another big worldwide pandemic being due sooner or later was obvious.

If you called the year exactly, good call, so long as you didn't constantly predict the sky was falling until you finally ended up being right after being wrong so many times before and you simply moved the goalposts predicting imminent doom until you were inevitably correct, then no dap for you SIFCLF.
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:46 am

StCapps wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:41 am
Another big worldwide pandemic being due sooner or later was obvious. If you called the year exactly, good call, so long as you didn't constantly predict the sky was falling until you finally ended up being right after being wrong so many times before, then no dap for you.
I didn't call it, my kids did. They said the Year of the Rat and that started January 25.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:47 am

Hastur wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:46 am
StCapps wrote:
Another big worldwide pandemic being due sooner or later was obvious. If you called the year exactly, good call, so long as you didn't constantly predict the sky was falling until you finally ended up being right after being wrong so many times before, then no dap for you.
I didn't call it, my kids did. They said the Year of the Rat. It started January 25.
Did your kids predict it many times before the year of the rat and were they just finally right this time? Or was this the first major pandemic timing prediction they made and nailed it?
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:51 am

StCapps wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:47 am
Hastur wrote:
StCapps wrote:
I didn't call it, my kids did. They said the Year of the Rat. It started January 25.
Did your kids predict it many times before the year of the rat and were just finally right this time? Or was this the first major pandemic timing prediction they made and nailed it?
First time they predicted something like this what I can remember. They were mostly fooling around, looking at the Chinese zodiac. They saw that the Year of the Rat often meant plague and then remembered Spanish flu. Looked for other big outbreaks and saw a pattern. It was in December.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:53 am

Hastur wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:51 am
StCapps wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:47 am
Hastur wrote:

Did your kids predict it many times before the year of the rat and were just finally right this time? Or was this the first major pandemic timing prediction they made and nailed it?
First time they predicted something like this what I can remember. They were mostly fooling around, looking at the Chinese zodiac. They saw that the Year of the Rat often meant plague and then remembered Spanish flu. Looked for other big outbreaks and saw a pattern. It was in December.
Not pulling the Grumpy SIFCLF routine ftw.
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:17 am

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:16 am

Today I start new job

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:17 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:16 am
Today I start new job
Break a leg.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:18 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:16 am
Today I start new job
What's the job?
*yip*